German Manual Wind Dress Watches
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: German Manual Wind Dress Watches

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Manual Wind Dress Watches

Hi watch lovers.

Iím looking for a German mechanical dress watch thatís manually wound, under 40mm, and under 7k USD.

Iím aiming to build a 3-watch collection covering Swiss, Japanese, and German watchmaking. I recently came across the Sinn WG Meisterbund I and fell in love with that piece in both of its forms: Rose gold with white dial, and white gold with anthracite dial, although Iíd lean more toward the rose gold piece. Itís a manual wind machine Made in Germany.

Do you have suggestions or thoughts on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zzyzx likes this.

Re: German Manual Wind Dress Watches

Take a look at the Nomos Orion family of watches as another possible option.
    franko8 and Zzyzx like this.

Nomos Orion

franko8, JonS1967 and Zzyzx like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

GO Pano series.
    Fan of manual winds and German makes.

Quote Originally Posted by franko8 View Post
    Hi watch lovers.

I’m looking for a German mechanical dress watch that’s manually wound, under 40mm, and under 7k USD.

I’m aiming to build a 3-watch collection covering Swiss, Japanese, and German watchmaking.
    This is the second post I've seen in this vein: looking to build a 3 watch collection from Swiss, German, and Japanese. The entire thing strikes me as a bit strange. It's as if you said, "I'm looking to build a 3 watch collection from watch brands that begin with the letters C, K, and J.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the reason for exactly 3 watches, and why one from Switzerland, one from Japan, and one from Germany? Not trying to troll, just missing the point. But as noted, this is the second time I've seen this type of request, so I suppose it's a thing...
    Last edited by Prahasaurus; 2 Weeks Ago at 17:17.
    Zzyzx likes this.
    Breguet XX, Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duo Night and Day, Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control (37mm), IWC Ingenieur (3227), IWC Caliber 89 (year 1966)

guess itís a thing as my collection is

german- Nomos Orion
    swiss- omega FIOS
    japan- DW5000 gshock
    american(ish) Monta OK no date

franko8, JonS1967 and Zzyzx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahasaurus View Post
    This is the second post I've seen in this vein: looking to build a 3 watch collection from Swiss, German, and Japanese. The entire thing strikes me as a bit strange. It's as if you said, "I'm looking to build a 3 watch collection from watch brands that begin with the letters C, K, and J.

If you don't mind me asking, what is the reason for exactly 3 watches, and why one from Switzerland, one from Japan, and one from Germany? Not trying to troll, just missing the point. But as noted, this is the second time I've seen this type of request, so I suppose it's a thing...
    Prahasaurus, as Iím sure youíre aware, meaningful collections follow themes. And for me, I wish to own three watches in my collection, no more than that, each fulfilling a particular purpose. Thereís also the reasoning that these 3 different regions seem to be driving innovation the most in watchmaking right now. Iíd like to own something symbolic of the efforts put forth by these different regions of watchmakers, according to my tastes.

It so happens that I own and truly appreciate a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36, which is an automatic watch. I consider that my everyday watch. And for the advancements theyíve brought to the watch world with quartz, Iím drawn to Seiko. More specifically, the Grand Seiko 9F GMT movement in their sports collection. And finally, Iíd love to own a German dress watch, considering that I already am aiming toward something sporty from Japan, and a daily from the Swiss. Something more formal would be agreeable to add, and complete my collection.

Iíd have loved to pick something more field-focused and rugged, but the GS would fill that need, and as I already aim on having a quartz and an automatic, I figured a manual wind would offer solid enough differentiation for me to appreciate all my watches for their qualities.

Also, Iím not so wealthy that I can afford the top of the line examples from each region, but I still believe I can find watches that are still reliable and represent the craftsmanship of each region without fail.

Thatís my reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by franko8 View Post
    Prahasaurus, as Iím sure youíre aware, meaningful collections follow themes. And for me, I wish to own three watches in my collection, no more than that, each fulfilling a particular purpose. Thereís also the reasoning that these 3 different regions seem to be driving innovation the most in watchmaking right now. Iíd like to own something symbolic of the efforts put forth by these different regions of watchmakers, according to my tastes.

It so happens that I own and truly appreciate a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 36, which is an automatic watch. I consider that my everyday watch. And for the advancements theyíve brought to the watch world with quartz, Iím drawn to Seiko. More specifically, the Grand Seiko 9F GMT movement in their sports collection. And finally, Iíd love to own a German dress watch, considering that I already am aiming toward something sporty from Japan, and a daily from the Swiss. Something more formal would be agreeable to add, and complete my collection.

Iíd have loved to pick something more field-focused and rugged, but the GS would fill that need, and as I already aim on having a quartz and an automatic, I figured a manual wind would offer solid enough differentiation for me to appreciate all my watches for their qualities.

Also, Iím not so wealthy that I can afford the top of the line examples from each region, but I still believe I can find watches that are still reliable and represent the craftsmanship of each region without fail.

Thatís my reasoning.

Meaningful collections follow themes? I guess Iíve been doing it wrong all this time. I just buy what I really like. Wait, can that be a theme?

I knew I shouldn’t have clicked on this thread. Want that gorgeous looking Sinn now.
    My collection on Instagram óó> wis_dad

Timex Q Reissue
    Casio G-Shock GW-M5610
    Halios Seaforth (series 2) - Nimbus Grey
    Longines Legend Diver
    Omega Speedmaster Professional (311.30.42.30.01.005)
    Rolex Submariner (114060)
    Seiko SARB017 ĎAlpinistí
    Seiko SARB065 ĎCocktail Timeí

Quote Originally Posted by HTown View Post
    Meaningful collections follow themes? I guess Iíve been doing it wrong all this time. I just buy what I really like. Wait, can that be a theme?

Sounds like a theme to me!

Zzyzx likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information