Glashutte Original - I was unaware - Page 2
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Glashutte Original - I was unaware

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Glashutte Original - I was unaware

They are one of my all time favorite brands. Under the radar outside of true watch fans, amazing in house movements, unique designs. Here are the ones I currently have:

70s Chrono:

Panomatic:

Senator Observer

Although underrated in this part of the world, GO is very popular in China. When I was in Wempe in Berlin few years back and they had GO brochures in Chinese for tourists.
    Fan of manual winds and German makes.

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Attachment 14211695

A watch collection without a GO is incomplete.

Attachment 14211697

Attachment 14211699
    After doing hours of research last night.... this is the watch I would get. Not sure how it’ll be as a dress watch because of the thickness, but with this kind of watch... with that dial... I wouldn’t care haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    41Mets likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jale View Post
    After doing hours of research last night.... this is the watch I would get. Not sure how it’ll be as a dress watch because of the thickness, but with this kind of watch... with that dial... I wouldn’t care haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have both the Panomatic Lunar and a Senator Hand Date. While the Panomatic is stunning, I have to say that I wear my Hand Date much more frequently. It's very versatile and can be worn with most attire, and it does get a lot of wrist time. The Panomatic is, to me, "dressier", and I tend to wear it when I'm wearing a suit at work (admittedly a frequent occurrence).

GO is kickarse, not just them, but the whole region and style. There's super cool watch museums, the observatory, etc there - every watch lover should visit.
    Tohono Rat likes this.

Sehr gut!
    Cheers
    Name:  go6.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  173.5 KB
    BREGUET Marine Chrono * CHRONOSWISS Sirius Manufacture * CORUM Baron Samedi * FABERGE Agathon * FRANCK MULLER Casablanca Chrono * GLASHUETTE ORIGINAL Sixties Square Chrono * GRAND SEIKO SBGR097 * LINDE WERDELIN HBII * MARTIN BRAUN Classic II * OMEGA Speedmaster MK III & Speedmaster Auto Date * PANERAI PAM0005 * ROLEX Submariner Hulk * WITTNAUER Skin Diver 4000 * ZENITH Traveller Multicity

I have only this one but am considering another

I too am a huge Glashutte fan. .......there are a number of them: Glashutte Original and Nomos Glashutte and Muhle Glashutte to name a few. As I understand Glashutte Original is the most expensive and Muhle Glashutte is at the lower of the price scale. A lot of folks are unaware of the Glashutte "thing" mostly because of lack of publicity. I mean honestly, EVERYONE has heard of Rolex and Omega which are great watches in their own right but Glashutte appears to me to be a niche cult thing. My youngest son is a Rolex fanatic but when I told him I had bought a Mhule Glashutte he looked at me like I just arrived from Mars. Of my collection, I do have a Muhle Glashutte Ramus I dive watch and I love it. It has great quality and most of all it's different from all the sameness out there.

GO is on the list and I hope to one day add one of their exceptional offerings to my collection.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

When talking about „most expensive“ Glashütte brands you should not forget to mention A. LANGE & Söhne and Moritz Grossmann. Just saying.
    Tohono Rat likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information