Glashutte Original - I was unaware - Page 3
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Glashutte Original - I was unaware

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Glashutte Original - I was unaware

I love GO too, but wish they came in smaller sizes as some have observed. that 70s square, blue chrono is on my watchlist though. I'm also pretty sure that Joel McHale (Community, Soup, Netflix) is either an amabassador or just a big fan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-yHdgJs4IU
    WatchUSee is WatchIGot
    Casio - G-Shock GW-5000-1jf |
    Garmin - Forerunner 245 Music | Grand Seiko - Snowflake (SBGA011) | Longines - Master Collection (L2.673) | | MeisterSinger - Panagaea Day Date|Monta -Triumph | Nomos Glashutte - Club Datum | Orient - Mako mod | Rolex - Explorer I (214270 mk2) | Seiko - SKX007/09 mods | Stowa- Klassik Flieger

This brand is still a bit out of my reach I fear...that said, the square panorama is awesome. It's very elegant and modern at the same time.

Love their Senator lineups. I just wish they are smaller (<= 38mm), given the dressy nature of the design.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Miller Time II View Post
    I’m a big fan, although I don’t (yet?) own one. I love the Senator Sixties Green dial, Mets41 has one that he posts pictures of and I never get tired of that watch. There’s more I like as well too, in fact most of what I’ve seen from them I like.
    And I never get tired of wearing it!

There are elements of their watches that are done as well as any you can find. I don't think you'll find a dial much more amazing than this one on almost any watch, but I'm biased of course!
    Mirabello1 likes this.
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Ball Fireman NECC
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

[QUOTE=natesen;49096135]They are one of my all time favorite brands. Under the radar outside of true watch fans, amazing in house movements, unique designs. Here are the ones I currently have:

70s Chrono:

Beautiful collection, I especially love that shot of the 70's Chrono. That particular watch should get much more respect than it does. I've been close to buying that model a couple of times; fantastic movement and the integrated case brings a retro look without overdoing it.
    natesen and EightEyes like this.

Underrated and under the radar. But gorgeous and top notch.

Name:  IMG_20190706_090010.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  210.3 KB
    Mirabello1, natesen and EightEyes like this.
    Certina DS Action Precidrive (Blue, HAQ)
    Omega Constellation (Claws, 2-tone)
    Glashutte Original Panoreserve (Blue)

Quote Originally Posted by MediumRB View Post
    GO is pretty darned good in many respects. They have lovely movements, some incredible complications, and a unique design. Some of the watches are a bit bulky and the depreciation on them is a bit severe, but I will eventually have one.
    I agree with this,, Great watches but the depreciation is horrible
    Various Seiko's
    Rolex Sub C
    Grand Seiko USA Limited
    Tudor BB58
    Omega Speedy
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf
    Orient Ray Orange
    Orient Mako USA
    Panerai 104 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Mirabello1 View Post
    I agree with this,, Great watches but the depreciation is horrible
    So is the depreciation on a car as soon as you drive off the lot. Or a pound of chicken parts (just try selling them second hand!). Or a slightly used bicycle helmet (only one wreck!). Buy watches to enjoy.

Plus, for those in the U.S., G.O. dropped all of their prices by ±20% recently. I think that many GO models offer excellent value vs. their direct competition (e.g., GO Senator Chronometer vs. ALS 1815 Up/Down). The tulip-like madness of Rolex SS models and the PP Nautilus makes people think that what are essentially used consumer products (watches) should hold their financial value. Value in the world of luxury goods is completely subjective and irrational. Apparently, people are willing to spend $15,000-$200,000 on a used, basic leather purse. So, this is not really a critique of the brand, IMHO. If you like a watch and can afford it, get it and enjoy it. G.O. has some remarkable watches.

The two items below cost roughly the same on the used market. Which do you think has more "value"? Inherent value? Social value? Market value?

Name:  3fd647886871e1a5f523327bc7a0550c.jpg
Size:  71.7 KB
    Name:  1-58-01-05-34-30_WDV-5.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  245.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Tohono Rat View Post
    So is the depreciation on a car as soon as you drive off the lot. Or a pound of chicken parts (just try selling them second hand!). Or a slightly used bicycle helmet (only one wreck!). Buy watches to enjoy.

Plus, for those in the U.S., G.O. dropped all of their prices by ±20% recently. I think that many GO models offer excellent value vs. their direct competition (e.g., GO Senator Chronometer vs. ALS 1815 Up/Down). The tulip-like madness of Rolex SS models and the PP Nautilus makes people think that what are essentially used consumer products (watches) should hold their financial value. Value in the world of luxury goods is completely subjective and irrational. Apparently, people are willing to spend $15,000-$200,000 on a used, basic leather purse. So, this is not really a critique of the brand, IMHO. If you like a watch and can afford it, get it and enjoy it. G.O. has some remarkable watches.

The two items below cost roughly the same on the used market. Which do you think has more "value"? Inherent value? Social value? Market value?

Name:  3fd647886871e1a5f523327bc7a0550c.jpg
Size:  71.7 KB
    My assessment is based on a variety of different brands, Swiss and German. GO just happens to have a more severe depreciation than a majority of other brands.honestly I want to own a watch that can hold its value a little bit better and my pride of ownership goes up and it makes me feel good wearing it. This is not to say I wouldn't buy GO in a second for the right price, I would..
    Last edited by Mirabello1; 1 Week Ago at 20:39.
    Various Seiko's
    Rolex Sub C
    Grand Seiko USA Limited
    Tudor BB58
    Omega Speedy
    Zodiac Super Sea Wolf
    Orient Ray Orange
    Orient Mako USA
    Panerai 104 Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Tohono Rat View Post

I know which one I would buy :).
    Tohono Rat likes this.
    Current wish list:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Geophysic True Second | TAG Heuer Monaco Gulf (CW211A) | IWC Spitfire IW3878
    | Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso| Glashutte Original Senator Cosmopolite
    ---------------------------
    Grails:
    Jaeger LeCoultre Duometre Spherotourbillion Moon | Jaeger LeCoultre Amvox 3 Tourbillion GMT | A Lange & Sohne Lange 1 Moon Phase

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast