WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

The Guinand Appreciation Thread

273K views 1K replies 165 participants last post by  Revan1 
#1 ·
Guinand seems to be a fairly underappreciated brand so I thought it was time to start a thread devoted to the appreciation of their watches. So let's see your Guinand watches!

I'll start...

After much debate between a 60.50-T and 60.50-T2, the T2 won out and it arrived today. Overall I'm quite impressed with the quality. Guinand pre-sized the bracelet for me (though no extra links were included) which was a nice service. They communicated very promptly and let me know where my watch was as far as shipping. It arrived quickly as well. I love the case it comes in. Surprisingly I actually prefer it on the strap so the bracelet will sit idle for now but it does seem like a nicely made bracelet.

See less See more
#673 ·

I'm going to be listing this guy in the sales forum in the next couple of days. It's one of the 16 handwound pieces in the very limited run they did for Baselworld 2016. Special little watch. Clocks in at only 11.5mm thick, very easy to wear. Full specs here: Flying Officer 12H - Guinand Watches

These don't come up often (don't think I've seen any before now), so thought I'd give a heads up here before posting in sales.

DM me if interested.

#674 ·
View attachment 16042613
I'm going to be listing this guy in the sales forum in the next couple of days. It's one of the 16 handwound pieces in the very limited run they did for Baselworld 2016. Special little watch. Clocks in at only 11.5mm thick, very easy to wear. Full specs here: Flying Officer 12H - Guinand Watches

These don't come up often (don't think I've seen any before now), so thought I'd give a heads up here before posting in sales.

DM me if interested.
That's the one I have - what a great watch!

#678 ·
I want to join this club but waiting for a preowned Flight Engineer to pop up. I missed out on 2 within this year : (

#679 ·
Just ordered a Guinand Starfighter Pilot Radium Limited Edition with the optional sapphire case back. Now the wait begins as Guinand assembles it... I really like the homage CP-2 bi-compax watches which give a nod to the Heuer 1550-SG among others. This will be my first Guinand, nudging its way into a vast Sinn collection. I wonder how the Sinn's will react?

#685 ·
Think
I find myself looking at the Pilot Officer as it really has something special. Has anyone bought it and found that it was too plain/simple?
I'm afraid I might get bored..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also like it!
Very similar to the old ones.
Only issue I have is the size, need a larger so bought the Starfighter.

The thing with Guinand is that they concentrate themselves on classical models- that aint boring ?

#698 · (Edited)
There’s a video on their site/YouTube channel where the owner talks about the new case - it has new gaskets and a 60 click bezel. I’m definitely a buyer for this

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the old one on my Starfighter and I am starting to like the non click bezel 😁

I ordered a new one (GMT) and think I will buy an extra bezel with the new technic 👍🏼

#701 ·
You can’t just buy a new bezel, the entire case is different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I checked it with them - if you read the comments in the youtube clip below;
You can have the old one on the new case, probably also vice versa :)

Google Translated their response;

The previous, non-locking bezel can also be mounted on the new case and thus has a non-locking design ...
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

#707 ·
You have to love this company.
I asked if I could have a copy of the old catalogue Matthias showed in the presentation video on youtube?
  • Sure.
  • had a pdf in my mail 😊

View attachment 16218655
Hi My little brother 😊

View attachment 16222145
Damn, thats a cool watch 👍👍👍🇩🇪🇩🇪🇩🇪