How accurate is your in-house Nomos? - Page 6
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: How accurate is your in-house Nomos?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Re: How accurate is your in-house Nomos?

Quote Originally Posted by RazorFrazer View Post
    heads up. these watches get magnetized very easily. especially with the sapphire open back. mine got magnetized almost every day. Cheap demag off e bay works pretty good.
    I've owned about 10 or 12 different sapphire backed Nomos over the last 4 years and have never experienced this? Any idea of how you're managing this?
    edhchoe likes this.
    Glashutte Original Sixties Annual Edition 2019
    Nomos Ahoi Bucherer Edition

Oak & Oscar Jackson
    Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39 White
    Vero SW-SS

By way of update.. just got it back off Nomos after sending her in.. it's now running between +20spd and +30spd.. Checked with a compass incase it got magnetized during shipping but alas not. I'm beginning to think maybe they rushed the swing system out of the door...

Update number 2 - after a run through my demagnetization it's now running -6spd. Maybe it was magnetized in transit slightly but not enough for the compass test?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Tangente, +3s/d, but its never really bothered me as it's not a daily driver.

I've managed to magnetize my Club Neomatik as well, the combination of a metallic hairspring and a very thin case makes this a pretty easy watch to magnetize if you have, say, a magnetic clasp on your bag for instance.

However after demagnetization mine runs at about +2spd. I've tested resting it overnight in all 6 positions and it maintains chronometer specs throughout.
    Art is how we decorate space. Music is how we decorate time.

How accurate is your in-house Nomos?

Speaking for the hand-wound Alpha in my Tangente: For my longest timing run I averaged -2.2 per day. Iíve also had as rough as -5.2, and as strong as -0.7 after significant runs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____
    Oris 65 Deauville - Tag Heuer Formula 1 CAC1111
    Nomos Tangente 38
    - Damasko DS 30
    Ball Fireman Victory - Seiko SPB053 - S
    eiko SKX007 (modded)
    Seiko Lord Marvel Hi-Beat, 1968 - Baltic HMS-001 - Lip Nautic-Ski re-issue
    Merci LMM-01 - Casio G-Shock Mudman G-9000MX-8

Each is fantastic in its own way, and was acquired after (and often because of) hours spent on this forum!

Is there a difference in magnetization sensitivity between Nomos' alpha movement and their "swing system" equipped newer movements?
    NTH Santa Cruz
    Casio Oceanus T200

Quote Originally Posted by X2-Elijah View Post
    Is there a difference in magnetization sensitivity between Nomos' alpha movement and their "swing system" equipped newer movements?
    Anecdotes would suggest so. Best I've seen out of my Metro is +6spd with an average of +10spd. The ETA based movements seem better, but again - small samples so YMMV.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    X2-Elijah likes this.

After about a year my Nomos Club Neomatik is still running at +0.5s/d. I really couldn't ask for more!

X2-Elijah and watchcrank like this.
    Cheers,
    Greg

Hereís an odd phenomenon. Perhaps someone has a theory

I have a minimatik I bought used about six months ago. Iíve worn it for a few days at a stretch for many a half dozen times over as many months.

When I first got the watch, and a few times in the following months I checked itís accuracy with the Frederick Constant Analytics dongle and app, running between +3,+4 spd. Good enough for me.

A few days ago I put the watch on. The next day I checked itís accuracy. +25 spd. I took out my demagnetized and ran it throu a couple of times, +15 spd. Okay, I sat to ponder whether it was necessary to send the watch to Nomos.

The next day I checked it, +3.5 spd. Iíve checked it a few times since, +2, +3.5 spd.

What puzzles me is how and why it went from +15 to +3 overnight. Residual magnetism? Excercise?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread Information