I pray that this German sickness has to pass! I am quite undisciplined and all over the place at this point. I have interest in Guinand- duograph panda, Sinn- 903st, Hanhart- Pioneer Mk 1, Junghans- Max Bill 100 Jahre, Circula- Heritage. All for different reasons and uses.
I don't see myself becoming a true collector, yet do not want to fall into the "hoarder" abyss!
However, after much pouring over German pedigree threads here, I find myself at a T-Intersection. The left turn begs me: "You know you "want" a German time piece representing the Glashutte ethic and badge, no."
So, do I in fact turn left? How/where do I enter onto that path with your collective guidance?
Just the facts Ma'am:
- Around the $2K or less ballpark (flexible)
- Bang for Buck quotient
- Suite/BOD appropriate (only 5x per year)
- Perhaps some playful color for daily wear the rest of the time (my office is at home)
- White face me thinks ...
- Always an exception out there ... talking to you Union Noramis Anthracite Power Reserve!
- Highly readable (60 YO eyes)
- Likely not over 40-41mm w/Lugs not over 48-50 mm (have 6.75"/17 cm wrist)
- Either hand wind or mechanical auto (no quartz)
- Date doesn't matter but based on aesthetic
Thanks for enduring this. And what say ye?