Junghans Max Bill - Any info to share?

Thread: Junghans Max Bill - Any info to share?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Junghans Max Bill - Any info to share?

**I do not now intend to keep this watch, it's way too small for my wrist**

I got this watch in an on-line estate auction and originally for some reason thought it was much bigger than it is!! If it was larger I would keep it.

But, I'm not familiar with the brand, I just saw it was a German automatic and it seems like this is a custom design "Max Bill"?

I do not have boxes or papers. I'm not sure of the authenticity, but I don't think this is a brand that's replicated like other more popular ones.

Can anyone share any other info on the brand or anything I should be aware of?

I did search first but only found a few for sale and one other thread with a comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm a gadget guy with a fondness for fountain pens and mechanical watches! Building my collection one piece at a time!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Junghans Max Bill - Any info to share?

Done a search on WUS ? Almost 100 threads on Max Bill or/and Junghaus or/and Bauhaus watches. Feel free to flick through and if any there’s any question left do not hesitate to ask.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Great brand.

As Mike said, if you search this site you will find many, many threads on this watch.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for replying. I was using Taptalk on my tablet to search and do some background. Not sure why, but all I saw was the posts for sale or trade!

Looking through the threads I wish this was the 38 version and white as that looks really nice. They seem somewhat know, would you consider them more of a niche? Also, the glass on it is really strange compared to my other watches, is it susceptible to breaking?
    I'm a gadget guy with a fondness for fountain pens and mechanical watches! Building my collection one piece at a time!

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

I do not think that the Max Bill by Junghans is a niche watch. However, it is a Bauhaus inspired timepiece and Bauhaus imho is of lesser „interest“ than a diver‘s watch, a tool watch or a GADA watch.

The crystal isn‘t prone to breaking but prone to scratching (mineral crystal). On the other hand, it does not cost a fortune to replace the crystal.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

I appreciate the insight, when I came across it I was drawn to it because of how thin it was and being automatic. Unfortunately on the auction I didn't see the exact size of it (but got it at a good price so rolled the dice). When it arrived and I opened the box the first thing I thought was this would be perfect for my wife or daughter, but on my wrist it looks way too small!

I had the Max Bill Chrono and unlike most Chrono's it fit my 6.75" wrist very nice.

Lays flat, shorter lugs, really hugs the wrist, and I can guarantee you that unless you hang out with a lot of watch guys/girls, you will be wearing something almost no one else has seen.

They are great and unique watches. Well built, easy to read, dressy, and/or sporty. I can come up with list of much worse choices if you like.........

Seriously, get what you like. Do the research first and make the best buy you can.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by alfredtv View Post
    on my wrist it looks way too small!
    Yup--that's the hand-winding version of the Max Bill at 34mm. I found it too small for my wrists, too. The automatic is a healthier 38mm, but not quite as thin at 10mm. If this experience has sparked your interest in Junghans, you might look at the Meister hand-winding. 38mm but less than 8mm thick.

Name:  027_3504.00.png
Views: 23
Size:  150.3 KB

34 mm is a classically sized and proportioned watch that looks really small now due to the fashion for larger timepieces

I have a 38mm max bill on a 7” wrist. It’s a lovely watch with a great heritage

Not see a 34mm one so can’t really compare

Name:  9E847021-E344-40E3-B61A-1AE527A7C96C.jpeg
Views: 23
Size:  172.7 KB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information