Limes Diver model and other thoughts

Thread: Limes Diver model and other thoughts

Confused Limes Diver model and other thoughts

Hello All:
    It is Sunday morning and I'm in my office trying to catch up on paper work. To take a break I need to post some thoughts. We have talked about various diver model watches recently. I am just wondering why the Limes Endurance model is rarely mentioned? It has a great look, 1000m water resistance and a decent price point. We talk about the other Limes models, and they are always well received. Interested in your thoughts. On another vein, I am just wondering if fellow members run into the same thing I do from time to time. Every now and then I look at the watch directory and see a few models that catch my eye. Most of them are German watches, but some are Swiss or from Italy. I e.mail them to get some details on the watches, and never receive a reply. Do some of you ever run into this? I doubt I am the only one. What I don't understand is, if they have a web site and someone inquires about their watches, wouldn't you think they would be interested in possible new business and responding? Give me your thoughts on this.
    Regards:
    Richard Kagan

stuffler,mike

Re: Limes Diver model and other thoughts

Well, the no-reply-problem is a very common one. I made the same experiences und still do. Maybe the main problem is that they can´t handle big amounts of inquiries hoping you´ll at last look into an AD shop.

BTW: To add to you question > Talking about Limes Endurance: What bezel do you prefer ?

This.......

or this.......

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

Hi, Richard. I've thought more than once about buying a Limes 1 Tausend Diver, but I always come to the same conclusion. Although a great watch for the money, it's design offers nothing to set it apart from hundreds of other divers that look nearly identical to it. They leave me uninspired.

Mike: I like the old-style (polished finish) bezel the best. The new bezel makes the watch even more non-descript than it already is.
    Last edited by XTrooper; March 19th, 2006 at 21:04.
    Steve

My favorite diver? Jessica Alba, of course!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm looking forward to seeing them in the flesh, particularly the 1 Tausend Chrono.

I don't dig the polished bracelet, though.

oh, I like both bezels!

Laughing Re: Limes Diver model and other thoughts

Hi Guys:
    Thank you for the replies. They do have a similar look to others divers, but I still think they are an eye catcher. I really like the J. Etoille diver, but I feel it is a little too high in price. I don't want to be a trader, but a friend of mine has a Bertolucci Vir diver model and I must say it is terrific looking. He has been after me to get one, but I keep telling him I want to get a German model.
    Regards:
    Richard

Retired and living in the mountains of Northeast Pennsylvania

I assume you've looked at the AlphaTime 1000m Sawfish? Same Fricker case as the J. Etoile Atlantis, Dreadnought, etc, but at a much more reasonable price. B-)

X is right, I'm sure it's a quality watch, but there's nothing distinguishing about it
    Actually the bracelet is the nicest thing about it imo.
    "Time is the school in which we learn. Time is the fire in which we burn."

Confused Re: Limes Diver model and other thoughts

Hi All:
    I am posting a post to my #5 message here. I noticed I mispelled the word traitor. It is not trader. Just goes to show how goofy you can get posting and reading these messages.
    Best Regards To All:
    Richard Kagan

Problem with Limes - go for Sinn!

I usually do get replies when asking things from factories, but I also had a bad experience with Limes, and unfortunately in a very bad mannerO| . So I drew the same conclusion, Limes might be good, but nothing outstanding, that other 100 factories couldn't do. What manner would you expect after these things, when unfortunately some trouble would occur with your watch??? So no Limes in my life. If u wanna a good bang for the buck, why dontya go for Sinn? I have nice experiences both with the personnel and my Sinn 103 StSa.
    Regards: Robertus

stuffler,mike

Re: Problem with Limes - go for Sinn!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertus
    ....Limes might be good, but nothing outstanding, that other 100 factories couldn't do....

Well, if the other 100 factories have inhouse cases with the reputation Ickler has ?

Thread Information