Looking for a little more info re glashutte original model.

Thread: Looking for a little more info re glashutte original model.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for a little more info re glashutte original model.

Hi All,

I may have an opportunity to obtain a glashutte original senator karree model for a good price. However, I cannot find much info about this model at all, particularly in this more streamlined case shape (which I much prefer) over the more well know karree. The case is 30mmx34mm which I think will be a nice, classic size for my 6.5 inch wrist. But I can't find much info about the model or movement. Does anyone have any opinion on this at all including how old this model dates to? The movement looks in house, does it have all of the usual beautiful decoration that glashutte original provides? Thoughts would be much appreciated!

Name:  s-l400.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  24.4 KB

Name:  s-l500 (1).jpg
Views: 39
Size:  22.5 KB

Re: Looking for a little more info re glashutte original model.

The model number of the watch is 39-52-53-52-04 so you can try to find more information by using it. Google finds some listings and it's usually listed as ladies' watch probably based on the size as the style is rather unisex. It should have the caliber 39-52 (https://watchbase.com/glashutte-original/caliber/39-52) but it's not possible to properly judge the decoration based on the low-res photo of the watch in question.

Thank you! It does not surprise me that it would be marketed as a women's watch but it's a similar size as a reverso grand taille which I know fits me very nicely so I won't feel too emasculated by that!

The movement certainly looks lovely if it is the one from that link! I don't think it's a fake or anything like that but the seller is not sure about age or service history. I don't want to get it and see that some fool has had the back off and been playing around with the movement. I don't think it's a particularly old watch but is likely to require a service. I have to take that into account. Decisions!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Pre 2010 Karree Serenade.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; 1 Week Ago at 15:33.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

My guess would be that the watch is from the first decade of the 21st century and most likely it requires a service (GO recommends a service every 3 to 5 years) as the seller doesn't have any info about the service history. GO gives a list price of €430 for full service of that movement.
    https://www.glashuette-original.com/service/revisions

Thanks. Yes I had looked up the service costs and did not think that was too bad for a premium brand. Pretty sure JLC charge £600 minimum for a fairly basic service. But yes, I have to include that in the costs.

I am not sure if I can purchase something called a 'serenade'! The manual with the watch does say senator karree. I'll pretend it's unisex! In all seriousness what do people think about this watch? I like the thinness (less than 10mm) and movement including gold elements. I either get this or go for a Nomos tangente or Ludwig. If this watch was approx in the early $2000s would that be a good deal?

In my opinion it's not a problem that the watch is labelled ladies' watch as the style is actually rather masculine - more than for example men's Cartier Tank watches - so I would categorize it as an unisex watch. I don't know about the price but you could get some estimate by browsing Chrono24 for used GO watches. GO is higher end brand than Nomos so probably this watch would have more prestige and I believe that the movement has a very good reputations. But on the other hand a Nomos like their Neomatik models with their new automatic caliber would also be a very nice watch and you wouldn't need to worry about servicing it for many years.

If I was going to get a Nomos then it would be their original, manual 35mm version. I've had these before and know them to be great watches. I will probably never have the opportunity to own a GO for this kind of price so I am swinging to that I think...

I think it looks great, mens or womens. Get it if you like it. Seems in very good condition.

Mike just gave you the model name if you want to research it further.

Good luck. Nice watch.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

It is def. not a Senator Karree, despite some sources (Dorotheum, Govberg) saying so. The Lady Serenade Karree was part of the „Ladies Collection“ and not part of the Senator line-up.

Name:  0B42094E-9E4E-41D1-A0B9-F1AA9B87A67A.jpeg
Views: 27
Size:  91.3 KB
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; 1 Week Ago at 20:36.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information