New: 41mm Wempe Chronometerwerke Automatic Aviator Watch with in-house CW4
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By stuffler,mike

Thread: New: 41mm Wempe Chronometerwerke Automatic Aviator Watch with in-house CW4

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

New: 41mm Wempe Chronometerwerke Automatic Aviator Watch with in-house CW4

41 mm, stainless steel with brown calfskin strap, self-winding manufacture caliber CW 4 — Reference-Nr. WG090005

Name:  07563E47-C464-4707-9565-57DE8B37BC25.jpeg
Views: 122
Size:  490.8 KB

The Wempe Chronometerwerke Automatic Aviator Watch pays tribute to the observation watches from the 1940s. With its clear and understated design, it is a watch that strongly underscores the self-confidence of the person who wears it. Although the design conforms to the standards prescribed by the former Ministry of Aviation, its wearer will generally go its own way. The timepiece’s rugged case made of PVD-coated stainless steel houses a highly-precise core: self-winding manufacture caliber CW4. The watch is carefully finished, it has a power reserve of 90 hours and comes in an edition limited to 100 pieces worldwide.

Retail: €5450
    nodnar, Quartersawn and ctarshus like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: New: 41mm Wempe Chronometerwerke Automatic Aviator Watch with in-house CW4

The case finishing has an interesting 'used' look.
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

It looks a little flat in the rendering and perhaps the crown is a bit small but I like the aesthetic overall and am a big fan of the size. Looking forward to seeing live shots at different angles.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I really like the direction that Wempe is going with the development of some nice, Glashütte-produced, in-house movements for their Chronometerwerke line. They certainly fly under here in the U.S. being offered exclusively at their NYC boutiques. In this case, although the dial/face appear to be executed at a level above many such Flieger watches, I am not enamored by the texture of the case from this rendering. I too look forward to seeing live pics to see if it grows on my. Overall, however, nice addition to the Wempe line-up.

I’m honestly getting tired of these aviators. Such little difference between the models. I respect the in-house movement, but it seems they could have done something more unique here.

No disrespect intended.

Quote Originally Posted by BillUhren View Post
    I’m honestly getting tired of these aviators. Such little difference between the models. I respect the in-house movement, but it seems they could have done something more unique here.

No disrespect intended.
    I agree that there are many (MANY!) versions. However, in fairness, Wempe was one of the original companies that made the flieger watches starting in (I believe) 1940. If anyone has a justification for such a straight-forward version, Wempe certainly can make such a claim.

No disrespect intended.
    Kind of like saying that this Wempe (that I long for) is derivative and there is little to differentiate it from hundreds of others. The statement is accurate, but not particularly insightful.

Name:  CW800004_Wempe_Chronometerwerke_Maritim_Zoom.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  406.9 KB

https://www.wempe-maritim.de/serie/c...onometer?c=499

Quote Originally Posted by Tohono Rat View Post
    Kind of like saying that this Wempe (that I long for) is derivative and there is little to differentiate it from hundreds of others. The statement is accurate, but not particularly insightful.

Name:  CW800004_Wempe_Chronometerwerke_Maritim_Zoom.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  406.9 KB

https://www.wempe-maritim.de/serie/c...onometer?c=499
    I often make accurate comments that lack insight

That is a gorgeous timepiece. It took me a minute to process how expensive it is, but it’s gorgeous.

I often make accurate comments that lack insight ��

That is a gorgeous timepiece. It took me a minute to process how expensive it is, but it’s gorgeous.
    Yeah.... especially when you can buy an excellent, working 19th century marine chronometer from a supplier to the British Royal Navy for less than 1/3 the price. But something about the fact that they still make this (with the same movement for 75 years) makes me smile. Short of a lottery win, I will never own own. But it makes me happy to know that it exists in the world.

I"m just not feeling it with this one. Ok, it's got in house movement, but other than that the cost and subdued appearance is a bit depressing, at least to me.

Thread Information