NOMOS Original Metgro or Max Bill chromatic for a 6.75"+ Wrist
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: NOMOS Original Metgro or Max Bill chromatic for a 6.75"+ Wrist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NOMOS Original Metgro or Max Bill chromatic for a 6.75"+ Wrist

Hi Guys,

I've been watch shopping of late for a few purchases and I started thinking one of them might be a NOMOS Metro 37mm original or a Max Bill chrono. I have a 6.75+" wrist and typically wear a Speedmaster. The other watches I"m looking at are an Expl 1 ( If I can ever find one ) or maybe an Omega 300m. Those bracelets sports watches are of one type. I thought that I might look at a minimalist watch for my other purchase. I have a real love of mid-century modern furniture and simple aesthetics - so these really appealed to me.

Anyone have any guidance on sizing between a the Max Bill or the Metro? I've been obsessively reading and it looks like they might wear pretty similarly. Unfortunately, given where I live, I might have to buy it in the blind w/o a try-on, which is always tricky. I have some worries that the Metro might be a little too small given what else I wear, but when I measure out the Seiko divers or the speedmaster face and look lug-to-lug, I actually suspect it wouldn't be that much different day-in-day-out.

Thanks.

Re: NOMOS Original Metgro or Max Bill chromatic for a 6.75"+ Wrist

I have the same wrist size as your and had the Max Bill. It fit perfectly. Great watch.

You have to watch out for the long lugs on most Nomos if you have smaller wrists.

Good luck.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

The Max bill wears small, more like a 38-39mm, because of the short lugs.
    German: Junghans Meister Chronoscope | Nomos Tangente | Stowa Exima ETA & PUW 560
    Others: Accurist World Time Chronograph | Mondaine solar powered | Omega Seamaster 'Calypso' | Orient Blue Mako | Orient CVZ0001B ana-digi | Reena WeatherMaster VII

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Metro doesn't have particularly long lugs for a Nomos. The wire lugs also reduce visual Mass so it doesn't wear as long as some other models.

Sent using Tapatalk
    WatchThinker likes this.

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 6.30.12 AM.png
Views: 71
Size:  817.9 KB

I have a wrist that is just slightly bigger than yours, but the 37mm Metro fits fantastic. It is nice sometimes to go from a Speedmaster or a dive watch to something a little more refined.
    WatchThinker likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional, Nomos Metro Datum Gangreserve, Halios Seaforth abyss/12-hour, Halios Seaforth abyss/sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by shadash View Post
    Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 6.30.12 AM.png
Views: 71
Size:  817.9 KB

I have a wrist that is just slightly bigger than yours, but the 37mm Metro fits fantastic. It is nice sometimes to go from a Speedmaster or a dive watch to something a little more refined.
    That’s what I was thinking. This is very helpful! looks great! Does it ever get “ Noticed “ by other? It is a very different aesthetic....but I am very interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchThinker View Post
    That’s what I was thinking. This is very helpful! looks great! Does it ever get “ Noticed “ by other? It is a very different aesthetic....but I am very interested in it.
    I've only had a watch noticed a couple of times. A person I work with said "Nice watch." a few weeks after I got it, but I doubt she knew what it was. And honestly, I am fine with people not noticing what I am wearing. I don't think I'd be comfortable with a bunch of people knowing I have several thousand dollars strapped to my wrist. I love the watch though. It is distinctive and a little quirky, and fun in a way that none of my other watches are.
    WatchThinker likes this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional, Nomos Metro Datum Gangreserve, Halios Seaforth abyss/12-hour, Halios Seaforth abyss/sapphire

If you want to get noticed, get the Explorer 1. Otherwise, get the no date Metro.
    Breguet XX, Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duo Night and Day, Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Control (37mm), IWC Ingenieur (3227), IWC Caliber 89 (year 1966)

I own a speedy and had a metro. Would be a nice pair. Cant speak to the max bill but i bet you would be happy with metro. They wear sorta similar because of large face of the metro. I would go for that personaly and skip the others.

The metro is extremely comfortable on a strap and visually its very interesting. You’ll enjoy the date and power reserve function as well as having another watch to wind up.
    Last edited by RazorFrazer; 2 Weeks Ago at 20:10.
    WatchThinker and shadash like this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    SKX 009

Definitely two of my most favourite watches!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

WatchThinker and shadash like this.
    Omega Speedmaster Professional
    SKX 009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information