WatchWorld Dallas GTG 5.0 on Saturday, August 29, 2015
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: WatchWorld Dallas GTG 5.0 on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation WatchWorld Dallas GTG 5.0 on Saturday, August 29, 2015

Well, the date is set. The next WatchWorld Dallas GTG will take place at Timeless Luxury Watches on Saturday, August 29th from 4-7pm. This past event we had somewhere between 50 and 60 people and we were starting to stretch the store to capacity. While we don't require an RSVP yet, it does help us get an idea of attendance and plan for it so please RSVP to me as soon as you know if you'll be attending. I won't be publishing the list but I will be keeping a record of who has confirmed. You can reply to this thread, PM me or contact me through the blog.

I'm hoping we can put the last one to shame and, without the threat of snow or ice, I expect we will!
    watchcrank likes this.
    - Jason

Re: WatchWorld Dallas GTG 5.0 on Saturday, August 29, 2015

I've put it on my calendar. Perhaps the next five months will be enough time for me finally to build or buy a decent watch box.
    SteamJ likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by watchcrank View Post
    I've put it on my calendar. Perhaps the next five months will be enough time for me finally to build or buy a decent watch box.
    You said that last time!
    watchcrank likes this.
    - Jason

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Welcome Mark Carson and Richard Paige back to WWD.

Mark and Richard were kind enough to loan us half a dozen of their watches for WWD last month and Mark has confirmed that they will be returning for the next event in August. Mark offers some impressive and unique designs via his Individual Design brand and Richard is known for encasing vintage american pocket watch movements in original case designs and both vintage and modern dials. Both offer incredible quality and watches that will definitely stand out.

Mark has shared with us an exclusive first look at a new collaboration between he and Richard. Please take a look at an early design for their upcoming art deco style model.

Name:  Watch_Art_Deco_Black_Dial.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  170.2 KB

Name:  Watch_Art_Deco_Dial_Perspective_2.jpg
Size:  149.3 KB

Name:  Watch_Art_Deco_Dial_Perspective_Bottom_Layer_2.jpg
Size:  72.4 KB

Name:  Watch_Art_Deco_Dial_Perspective_Top_Layer_2.jpg
Size:  96.1 KB

This will feature a vintage pocket watch movement with an original art deco style case and dial. Keep in mind that these images are early and there will be some changes made between now and prototyping. Mark has told me that the Gecko is a placeholder as a play on words (Art Gecko) as geckos are plentiful in Hawaii so expect that to change as well as the hands being placeholders for now.

Speaking of which, he intends to launch the model on Kickstarter this summer and, if the protoypes are ready in time, we may get a hands on at the next WWD.
    - Jason

I know there's been some radio silence but this far out is usually a little much for brands to pledge their support. Rest assured I'll soon begin my barrage to the brands to see who wants to be involved. Keep an eye on this space or check the blog and continue to confirm to me if you'll be attending. So far we're off to a very strong start for attendance and I expect that we'll be breaking records. I'll also have a giveaway to announce in the near future. Stay tuned!
    - Jason

With a little over 3 months things are set to pick up as far as news again. Thanks to Steve Laughlin of Benarus Watches we’ll have some of his watches on display for WWD in August. Benarus manufactures extremely high quality divers and, as an owner myself, I can absolute say that the quality is hard to beat when you put them up even some of the larger brands. Please be sure to check out their website and join me in welcoming Benarus Watches to WatchWorld Dallas!

Also, please be sure to RSVP if you're attending as the store is going to be quite full and we want to be sure we're prepared.
    - Jason

Only 3 months to go until WatchWorld Dallas on August 29th and I was contacted by Jon Stein of Little Griddle just the other day. He’s behind the Griddle Time watch currently up on Kickstarter. It turns the dive bezel into a grill timer giving you another way to time those burgers (or anything else) on your grill during those beautiful summer days.

Jon will be sending a watch for us to give away and he’d love any feedback that can be provided. Thanks to Little Griddle for being involved in WatchWorld Dallas.

So far the following brands are confirmed to be involved in WWD:

Lew & Huey
    Benarus
    G. Gerlach
    StuckX
    Mark Carson Individual Design
    Rpaige
    Little Griddle

Additionally there will be straps to give away again and expect more news to come.

Please keep confirming to me if you'll be attending. Attendance is tracking a bit behind what I'd expect but we do still have 3 months to go. Don't wait to tell me if you're going to be there though.
    - Jason

Thanks to Dive Watch Moderator Ariel who started his own GTG in Houston, we’ve teamed up and the Houston GTG is now officially WatchWorld Houston. The next (and first) WatchWorld Houston will be held on July 25th from 1:30pm to 4pm at the Spring Creek Barbeque in Missouri City, TX. Expect giveaways sponsored by Isonfrane as well as WUS pins supplied from the WUS owners.

In addition, both Aquadive and Doxa will be providing *limited quantity items to giveaway such as Doxa embroidered polo-shirts, books, magazines and straps.

As far as watches go, Aquadive and Doxa will have many of your favorite models on-hand for you to try on as well.

So, if you’re a watch lover, bring your collection and get ready for a fun filled afternoon buying, selling, trading, winning and overall pure watch bliss.

Plain clothed officers will be on hand, including Ariel himself.

You can also go directly to the WUS threads below to confirm:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/hou...e-1915522.html

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/hou...e-1921210.html

Please be sure to confirm to Ariel if you intend to be there. And please keep confirming to me if you intend to be at WatchWorld Dallas. Remember that WatchWorld Houston is just 2 months from today and WatchWorld Dallas just a month after that so keep the confirmations coming!
    - Jason

Bump. Remember to send me confirmations. Only 3 months to go!
    - Jason

Remember to mark your calendars for WatchWorld Dallas on August 29th! And don't forget to confirm to me if you're attending. I have the several who have confirmed to me over the past couple of weeks.
    - Jason

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information