Omega 3590 B1 4XX: THE Space Watch?

Thread: Omega 3590 B1 4XX: THE Space Watch?

Hi, my father pulled this watch out of his collection from a purchase the year I was born. I was wondering if this was THE moon watch that has the highest value. I myself don't know much about watches and values change so drastically that my father wasn't able to answer.

Thanks, and I hope this doesn't go against forum rules.

How about let's warm up this thread with some pics? I find it cold with all the blocks of black and white. The 3590.50 was the most likely the watch that went to the moon but not first in line of speedmaster pros produced. Before that was the pre-professional pre-moon speedmaster that had a cal. 321 movement that in fact was partnofnthe Gemini program. 1968 was when they switched to the cal. 861 movement and took part in the apollo program and in the 90's made added a jewel to make 18, rhodium plated, and a delrin brake to become the current ref 3570.50 with cal 1861 movement.

I'm quite new to the speedy pro too so I found all this stuff out from reading previous threads and Wikipedia.

Best of luck!

Oh and here's my 3570.50 that I love very much!

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357072843.165748.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  145.6 KB

(My chronograph is running here)

Re: Omega 3590 B1 4XX: THE Space Watch?

Hi, THE Speedmasters that went to the moon are 105.012 an 145.012 references, bougth with .321 caliber, you cae easly fint¿d inmages in Google or here in the forum and you can find anything you need to know in this web site www.chronomaddox.com, he is THE guru on¿f speedmaster. Here is an image of my .321 from 1967
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ω Omega Speedmaster Pro 145.012 67 c. 1967
    Ω Omega Constellation 561 14k c. 1964 (Grandpa´s watch)
    Ω Omega Speedmaster Pro c .861
    Tudor Oyster Prince Submariner 94010 snowflake

“The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” A.E.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, THE Speedmasters that went to the moon are 105.012 an 145.012 references, bougth with .321 caliber, you cae easly fint¿d inmages in Google or here in the forum and you can find anything you need to know in this web site www.chronomaddox.com, he is THE guru on¿f speedmaster. Here is an image of my .321 from 1967
    Ω Omega Speedmaster Pro 145.012 67 c. 1967
    Ω Omega Constellation 561 14k c. 1964 (Grandpa´s watch)
    Ω Omega Speedmaster Pro c .861
    Tudor Oyster Prince Submariner 94010 snowflake

“The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.” A.E.

Hi Eduardo,
    Just to correct you for accuracy - sadly our Chuck Maddox is no longer with us, but certainly here in spirit
    MEGA SPEEDMASTER PR's
    “Trouble with comments madeth on internet, tis thou can not check source be authentic” – William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by eduardo_gomez View Post
    He was the connoisseur on vintage chronographs, among these are the Speedmasters.
    Alas, Chuck Maddox died several years ago and is still missed.

Further, there also have been 105.003's ("Ed White") models worn on the moon, by Eugene Cernan for instance.

Great stuff! - Thanks to all, for the contributions.

Wow, I stumbled upon my own post nearly 8 years later. I apologise to everyone who replied, but I have become a proud owner of other Omegas including a 145.022 "220 Bezel" since. I am still on the hunt for the watch I posted about (#402) and still have all the accompanying accessories. I believe it's a SMP Apollo XI 20th Anniversary watch based on the reference. Attached are pictures that I so failed to post. Thanks again to everyone.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information