Damasko bracelet links and sizing
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Damasko bracelet links and sizing

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Damasko bracelet links and sizing

Hi all... just got pre-owned damasko with the bracelet in the mail today. It looks great. I have a question about sizing the bracelet. There are a few side links that are slightly longer. However, the center links all seem to be the same. I wonder if these longer links are specifically meant to be used next to the clasp to give a few millimeters additional in length? It creates a slightly larger gap as can be seen in the photo. Is this the correct way to use this? I haven't been able to find anything on the sizing of the bracelet and this additional space makes the fit of the bracelet perfect. I think it looks fine, though there is a slightly larger have, but the fit makes up for the look. Thoughts?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

Re: Damasko bracelet links and sizing

Yep, I also recently received a pre owned Damasko on bracelet and have been tweaking the fit over the last few days. The way you described it is exactly right. Those longer side links have to go nearest to the clasp or you'll have a gap somewhere in the middle of the band which wouldn't look good. I agree that the gap looks fine near the clasp. Based on your pictures, it looks like you're only using one set of the longer links instead of two. You could use both sets if you want the band to be ever so slightly looser and then you'll have the same gap on either side of the clasp for a more uniform look. By my measurement, each longer link is 2mm longer than the standard link.
    41Mets likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mooonman321 View Post
    Yep, I also recently received a pre owned Damasko on bracelet and have been tweaking the fit over the last few days. The way you described it is exactly right. Those longer side links have to go nearest to the clasp or you'll have a gap somewhere in the middle of the band which wouldn't look good. I agree that the gap looks fine near the clasp. Based on your pictures, it looks like you're only using one set of the longer links instead of two. You could use both sets if you want the band to be ever so slightly looser and then you'll have the same gap on either side of the clasp for a more uniform look. By my measurement, each longer link is 2mm longer than the standard link.
    Thanks. I will leave it as is right now because the fit is perfect. Maybe in the summer that other adjustment will be good. I didn't expect to like this watch as much as I am!

mooonman321 likes this.
    Glashütte Senator Sixties Panodate Green
    Rolex Milgauss Z Blue
    Triton Subphotique blue
    Sinn U1 T
    Casio G-Shock full metal steel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That is how I did it as well. Great looking watch man!
    41Mets likes this.

Interesting. I think my side links are all the same length. Or are my eyes deceiving me?

Edit after posting: oh wow those shiny bits look so much worse in the photo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by pdsf; February 8th, 2017 at 00:32.

My longer ones were the extra ones in the box, have you looked at those?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatScott View Post
    My longer ones were the extra ones in the box, have you looked at those?
    oh! I didn't know. The AD sized it for me and it was perfect right out of the box so I didn't bother checking the extra links. Good to know though!

I have said this many times on WUS but I love this bracelet!! If I were musical, I'd write a song about it.

I thought I might be bothered by the "patina" at first but nope, I love it even more because of it. It's like we are making history. :)

(okay okay I think I should get out more).
    mooonman321 likes this.

I am right there with you, can't help but smile when I look at it.
    pdsf likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 41Mets View Post
    Thanks. I will leave it as is right now because the fit is perfect. Maybe in the summer that other adjustment will be good. I didn't expect to like this watch as much as I am!

Agreed. Super happy with mine, though I'm wishing I got the da4x series like yours rather than the da36...
    41Mets likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 41Mets View Post
    Hi all... just got pre-owned damasko with the bracelet in the mail today. It looks great. I have a question about sizing the bracelet. There are a few side links that are slightly longer. However, the center links all seem to be the same. I wonder if these longer links are specifically meant to be used next to the clasp to give a few millimeters additional in length? It creates a slightly larger gap as can be seen in the photo. Is this the correct way to use this? I haven't been able to find anything on the sizing of the bracelet and this additional space makes the fit of the bracelet perfect. I think it looks fine, though there is a slightly larger have, but the fit makes up for the look. Thoughts?

Exactly how I have mine. Originally I had all the same size links, no gap, but found it was a little too tight at times over the summer. It's pretty easy to modify. I like it a little more on the loose side because of the need to get a finger under it to open the clasp.
    41Mets likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information