Damasko on perlon a problem?
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Damasko on perlon a problem?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Damasko on perlon a problem?

I seem to recall having seen a comment somewhere that perlon can wear the sand blasted finish on a Damasko case smooth and shiny. But my search powers aren't strong enough to confirm or deny.

So, perlon users, do I remember correctly? Does perlon interact badly with either the normal or the Damest finish?

While we're on the topic, are there any brands or thicknesses that feel better? I have one perlon that I've worn with a Vostok that seems thin enough it makes the watch feel top heavy.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

Re: Damasko on perlon a problem?

I have worn my DA45 on a Perlon 1-piece, but not for more than a day or 2 at a time, which isn't enough time to show any abrasion (same goes w/other nylon RAF/1-piece straps--I think NATO/G10s may increase or reduce rubbing, depending on how tight they're worn). As far as brands, I like Eulit, which are stiffer than some generic Perlons I've tried & so better able to stand up to heavier watches while still being thin & comfortable. The only (minor) downside to the Eulits is that they seem to only offer polished hardware, which isn't as good of an aesthetic match w/Damaskos & other tool watches w/a similar matte finish.
    Last edited by stolen-gmt-master; 12 Hours Ago at 14:31. Reason: clarification
    Weetabix likes this.
    ------------------------------------

(Almost) every watch a tool watch.

I also wear my DS30 with Eulit perlon. However, I don't think I've worn it enough to judge one way or another. But my initial reaction and thought would be "no issue".
    Weetabix likes this.
    The next watch I get will definitively, finally, and without a question, be my last one!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have my DS30 on a Red Rock strap and it rubs. I donít care as Iím not selling the watch and even if it did rub the case shiny it would almost be invisible with another strap on it. Itís your watch so wear what you want and enjoy it
    Weetabix likes this.
    My collection changes so often I got tired of redoing my signature

I don’t see any wear on mine. Strap is thin enough that any wear would basically be invisible with any other strap or bracelet.

Mine is from Crown and Buckle:
    https://www.crownandbuckle.com/strap...on-straps.html

I'm amazed at how nice it is to do micro adjustments in the summer. Looks like I have a spread of about 1 cm where I buckle it.
    Last edited by chas58; 2 Days Ago at 21:09.

Quote Originally Posted by chas58 View Post
    I don’t see any wear on mine. Its thin enough that any wear would basically be invisible with any other strap or bracelet.

https://www.crownandbuckle.com/strap...on-straps.html
    I have one of those coming in 22mm to try with some other watches. I think I'd better get one coming in 20mm as well.

Eulit 'Kristall' on a DA36 = no problem. I have not noticed any real wear at all. And even if I did, the strap is too comfortable for me to care about a tiny bit of invisible life-effects on the back side.

I like Eulit perlon straps. The quality is superb. I prefer the tighter 'Kristall' weave to the "chunkier" 'Palma' model. I bought my Eulit straps from Holben's; excellent customer service.
    I can also vouch for Clockwork Synergy on eBay; the quality is quite good.
    I was less impressed with a perlon from Semper Straps (also eBay); the material is much thinner than Eulit or CS. Would not buy again.

You can see the Eulits and the CS relative to my Stowa MO here: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f36/st...l#post49353483
    Weetabix likes this.

By the way, weetabix, I assume you are asking about the standard Damasko ice-hardened (grey) cases?

I have no experience with their black cases, and do not know it that extra coating might be more subject to wear (which could indeed look pretty bad) or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cadenza View Post
    By the way, weetabix, I assume you are asking about the standard Damasko ice-hardened (grey) cases?

I have no experience with their black cases, and do not know it that extra coating might be more subject to wear (which could indeed look pretty bad) or not.
    Both. I have one of each.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Weetabix View Post
    Both. I have one of each.
    Hmm. How durable is the Damest coating? I have never researched it, but if it could rub off obviously you really want to avoid that.
    What people call "patina" can be really just very ugly wear, and black/PVD, etc. coatings wearing off qualify as "ugly" ("ugly patina" for the defenders, if they want) imo.
    Weetabix likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information