I have recently purchased a NOMOS Tangente 164 (38mm, hand-wound) watch. I am very satisfied with the watch in terms of its elegant, timeless design and beyond-expectation accuracy (+2.5s/d) but a little cautious about potential scratches on its polished case, which would render the watch less appealing. Therefore, I started to look for another "companion" watch, for which durability shall precede other criteria.
I currently also own a Hamilton Khaki Field 38mm (hand-wound). It's a good watch, acquired at a good price (rarely used, still got most of the warranty), but the domed crystal and non-existent AR coating cause much trouble when reading the dial both day and night.
Therefore when selecting the watch the following criteria were considered:
1. Durable, scratch-resistant case
2. Automatic movement, since I already own two manual ones
3. No domed crystall, good legibility
4. Below 40mm in diameter and 10mm in thickness
5. Brand reputation
6. Budget within GBP 1K
I later came up with those candidates:
1. ORIS big crown pointer date (interesting watch, but I was put off by its 12mm thickness)
2. ORIS pro pilot (good design, good legibility, but diameter is 42mm)
3. Sinn 565 (a strong candidate, but the 11mm thickness and double AR coating put me off)
4. Stowa flieger 40 (a very nice watch, but the case doesn't seem to withstand much wear)
As DS30 is able to meet all my requirements, I placed an order for a yellow one (only yellow and blue are "delivered in 1-3 workdays"), with single AR (after reading many posts this seems to be the right thing to do).
I placed the order on Sunday, got email confirmation on Tuesday saying the order will be fulfilled in 3 weeks.
Now waiting happily (and impatiently) for end-of-June delivery