First Damasko on the way through Watchmann. Found my Holy...coffee mug?
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: First Damasko on the way through Watchmann. Found my Holy...coffee mug?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

First Damasko on the way through Watchmann. Found my Holy...coffee mug?

Morning all,

After years of flipping I decided to finally whittle down the collection to the essentials. Everyone has their criteria, but I wanted to keep it to four watches; the dress watch, the "work" watch, the everyday, and the beater. After lots of waffling 3 of the 4 categories are filled but I was still looking for the perfect "everyday" watch. I had considered some more expensive options but didn't want something I was afraid to bang around as a daily wearer. There were a few things I was looking for:

• Decent water resistance so I could get it wet or swim with it
    • Chronograph (Have three younger kids and giving them a time limit when they get assigned something seems to light a fire under their butts)
    • Common movement that can be easily serviced.
    • Common lug size to allow for strap options
    • GMT if possible
    • Decent size, I have 8" wrists and a 40mm watch looks somewhat small on me. Usually stick to 42-46mm

After looking at many different options (and flipping a few that seemed ideal but weren't), I took another look at Damasko. After reading plenty of reviews and testimonials on here I got that "excited" feeling and realized that this was what I'd been looking for. Considering my criteria there was pretty much one choice,the DC66 with the 1-11 GMT bezel. Since this was my ideal "everyday" watch instead of my perfect "ultimate, someday maybe" watch I'm not sure if you can call it a Holy Grail. Hence the Holy Coffee Mug.

So that brings us to yesterday evening, and the order I placed for Watchmann for a DC66 standard with the 1-11 bezel. It should be here on Saturday, and unless something goes very wrong between now and then I have to say Watchmann has been the BEST experience ordering a watch in all my years of buying. Greg e-mailed me at 5:50 am this morning saying he wanted to confirm the order since Paypal messed up a bit. No problem, sent him an e-mail back confirming. At 8:00 he calls me saying he'd checked their inventory and there was a problem, turns out the standard DC66 was showing in stock but they had a mix up in inventory and they only had the Black version. He immediately offered to give me the black one at the same price, no issues at all.

I'd been going back and forth so went with the Black, should be here Saturday. I also asked about a possible strap change to get one with red stitching and he said he'd check right away and make the change if he could. The response and professionalism from Watchmann has been fantastic, and knowing that you have a US based dealer that will give you good support for such a great watch is icing on the cake. HIGHLY recommend them.

For those interested, this will be the "Fab 4" after the DC66 gets here.

Dress watch - Stowa Marine Original

Name:  7-16-2019 6-51-55 AM.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  90.7 KBName:  7-16-2019 6-52-10 AM.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  172.2 KB

Work watch - Oris Aquis Clipperton

Name:  2-5-2019 8-26-37 AM.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  125.1 KB

Everyday watch - Damasko DC66 Black

Name:  8-29-2019 8-46-54 AM.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  27.2 KB

Beater - Seiko 2nd gen Monster, what else could it be?

Name:  8-29-2019 8-48-03 AM.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  64.6 KB

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: First Damasko on the way through Watchmann. Found my Holy...coffee mug?

The DC66 will be a perfect addition to your collection. Mine says „hey“!

Name:  F951511F-CA76-4CC0-BF65-6C19D7231639.jpeg
Views: 172
Size:  3.12 MB
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Wear it in good health brother. And yet another reason that WatchMann is THE man!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ofted42 View Post

For those interested, this will be the "Fab 4" after the DC66 gets
    Awesome collection and I‘m sure you will love the DC66.

My DC66 Si is the watch that gets the most wrist time...

Thank you so much ofted42, enjoy it!

I too vouch for Greg at Watchmann with his excellent customer service and professionalism. Once my current for sale watches turn into cash, I'm ordering a Damasko from Greg. Cheers, and GREAT collection you have there!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Current 6-watch:
    Hamilton (Medford), Nomos (Tangente 139), Oris (BCPD HB-RAG), Seiko (SKX009 & SRP307), Casio ('Royale')

Quote Originally Posted by uperhemi View Post
    I too vouch for Greg at Watchmann with his excellent customer service and professionalism. Once my current for sale watches turn into cash, I'm ordering a Damasko from Greg. Cheers, and GREAT collection you have there!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    I am in the exact same boat as you and i totally concur that Greg is fantastic.

Nice. Scoring a discount on a new Damasko ain't easy. I know you sort of fell into it, but it's still a nice benefit for what are already very fairly priced watches. I love the black dc66. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by 1165dvd View Post
    Nice. Scoring a discount on a new Damasko ain't easy. I know you sort of fell into it, but it's still a nice benefit for what are already very fairly priced watches. I love the black dc66. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We discovered a mistake in our inventory count, so as it is our error, it did not seem fair to up the cost because of our mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchMann View Post
    We discovered a mistake in our inventory count, so as it is our error, it did not seem fair to up the cost because of our mistake.
    Right, sorry if that wasn't clear. I would have been fine with the difference since it was an honest mistake on their end but Greg was nice enough to offer it to me at the same price. So not really a discount, but more of a "whoops", which in this day and age is much appreciated. To me customer service is almost as important as the watch when it comes to something that you know you'll be keeping for a long time. I've sold many watches off even though I liked them because I knew trying to get support or service was probably going to be a nightmare or crazy expensive (Omega's co-axial movements). With this one I know Watchmann will be there to help out. Plus they're only one state over!

Speaking of the watch, got a notice that USPS tried to deliver it today at noon, almost a full day early. Hopefully I can snag it after work and try it on for size later. Last day of my current job followed by a week off and a new watch in the mail, it's a good day!
    umarrajs likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information