Why does no one talk about dk200?
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Contaygious
  • 1 Post By stuffler,mike
  • 1 Post By Vig2000

Thread: Why does no one talk about dk200?

I had no idea this came out. No reviews or news anywhere to be found on the watch blogs.

Seems like amazing movement. Case is new. What's the deal?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Contaygious; 1 Week Ago at 09:06.
    Jay46 likes this.
    PanoMaticLunar + Omega Mark iI + Meister Telemeter + DA36 + Tropik SS + Zelos

Re: Why does no one talk about dk200?

My first thought would be because it's not a very pretty watch to look at. But then that's personal, so I have no clue.

Kind of frustrating to see them develop inhouse movements for literally every type of watch except the DA series though. They already have the DS as an entry level three hander, it's time for the DA range to get an upgrade.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Z engineer View Post
    Kind of frustrating to see them develop inhouse movements for literally every type of watch except the DA series though. They already have the DS as an entry level three hander, it's time for the DA range to get an upgrade.
    The design of the DK10/11 and DK 14/15 models with the in-house A35-1 is very close to the DA models, imho.
    Z engineer likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You're absolutely right, especially the DK10 is very close. But it has a bezel, which I don't really like. That's what makes it so frustrating... So close, yet so far away...
    Last edited by Z engineer; 1 Week Ago at 20:48.

I see some cool things with the case, but the dial is busy. Plus it is sold out. I would buy a polished case with that movement though....I love my da36 and don't need another.
    PanoMaticLunar + Omega Mark iI + Meister Telemeter + DA36 + Tropik SS + Zelos

Quote Originally Posted by Z engineer View Post
    My first thought would be because it's not a very pretty watch to look at. But then that's personal, so I have no clue.
    Agreed, it's not exactly the most aesthetically appealing watch in their lineup, but like you said, that's subjective and subject to interpretation.

It also reminds me a lot of the Eterna Royal Kontiki GMT. Not saying that as a negative, but as a pure observation. Nevertheless, I still think the Eterna looks better.

Name:  1108131-9075e4cb6131bc7b6718e21b199beaeb.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  74.0 KB
    praetor47 likes this.

The Eterna resemblance was noted quite some time ago:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f810/w...0-2526074.html

Interesting watch but, IMHO, at 14 mm, too thick, and the dial is too busy.

@ post # 5 - not sure it's sold out, it's still listed on the Damasko website. I understand some of their watches are built to order.
    whineboy
    All mechanical, all the time

Hard to say why it is not more discussed. Perhaps it is more expensive than what most Damasko buyers are willing to pay. Perhaps the aesthetic is not what most Damasko buyers are after. I'm not sure, but I like the looks of the watch a lot.

It has similarity to Eterna, but with the screws at 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 the layout is more readable. As I say, I like it, but the price of entry is on the steep side.
    Gregory

Hmmm, I will say I looked at the DK200 and I have mixed feelings about it. Maybe she will take some time to "grow" pretty on your wrist, I dont know. I did try to trade for one but I believe the seller could not deal with the loss he would take. As stated, there are not many willing "purchase" this model.

The green is tough to look at and I could maybe, deal with the white on black version. I still think I would be open to a trade for one.

How is the accuracy of the movement?

Hmmm, I will say I looked at the DK200 and I have mixed feelings about it. Maybe she will take some time to "grow" pretty on your wrist, I dont know. I did try to trade for one but I believe the seller could not deal with the loss he would take. As stated, there are not many willing "purchase" this model.

The green is tough to look at and I could maybe, deal with the white on black version. I still think I would be open to a trade for one.

How is the accuracy of the movement?