My Damasko DA47 black- a short review
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: My Damasko DA47 black- a short review

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My Damasko DA47 black- a short review

Hey guys, my name is Bruce, I'm a long time watch enthusiast, and this is my first post/review here. I want to keep it brief and share some of my thoughts on my daily wear- the Damasko DA 47 black.

I bought this new at the beginning of 2015 from Timeless Luxury Watches out of Texas. It's been on my wrist almost everyday for those 5 months.

I don't 'baby' any of my watches, I think they are made to be worn and used for any activity at anytime. This Damasko has performed perfectly, the precision German engineering has really exceeded my admittedly high expectations. It still looks as new and crisp as they day I unboxed it, which is really impressive for a coated watch!

Not only has it been impossible for me to scratch or put a mark on it; but the movement was regulated out of the box extremely well. It was spot on atomic time for a couple weeks but has since settled down to a consistent -2 seconds slow per day.

The bezel is perfect. Of all the dive watches I've owned over the years this is the sweetest action. It's bi-directional and its ceramic ball bearings make the movement precise with zero play. It's a blast to operate! The white markings on it are ever so slightly indented into the ice hardened steel. It's hard to pick up unless you run your finger over it

I also like the screw down crown. It's firm and smooth to operate. The winding action seems loud to me, it think it might have something to do with the faraday cage surrounding the movement. I'm not complaining about that though. I love the 80,000 amperes per meter magnetic flux resistance.

The C1 lume is great. I am a lume guy and was a little apprehensive about a C1 coated dial, but it actually works really well. Just from exposure to natural light, no flashlight charging, it is visible all through the night. Although in the early morning it can be hard to make out the time. I took this photo of the lume after a 15 minute walk outside with my family after dinner a couple days ago. It a little overcast and I have done zero photoshopping-

I wear this on the the factory leather and rubber straps. They are really nice and comfortable, especially the rubber strap, but I wish Damasko offered a damest coated bracelet to match. I contacted them and they told me they are going to do one for the model, but have no immediate plans to start.

Sorry I took all the photos in the review just from my phone, but hopefully you can see the nice quality of this Damasko. I am throwing in a link to a video overview I did recently incase you are interested in seeing it as close to 'in the flesh' as possible:

http://youtu.be/H8AaP5B7iMg

And to close, I am really happy with this watch, I expect it to perform like a tool like tank for years to come! It's my first Damasko and won't be my last. Please feel free to ask my any questions and here are a few more pics-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: My Damasko DA47 black- a short review

Welcome to the board and great first poat. Love the watch. Tried on A couple Damaskos at Timeless Luxury and they are really great watches.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I live in Utah so I ordered over the phone with Dan there at the store. He was great and overnighted the watch to my house. I wish we had a store like timeless luxury watches here in the salt lake area. I always end up having to order the watches I like most online

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Nice review. One of the few watches I wished I had not flipped. Love the back lighting for the lume.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

thanks for the review and all the close up pics. do you know what the magnetic resistance is in terms of gauss?

Quote Originally Posted by fatboyslimboy57 View Post
    thanks for the review and all the close up pics. do you know what the magnetic resistance is in terms of gauss?
    From the specs it is 80.000 A/m which translates to approx. 1000 Gauss.
    Should usually be sufficient unless perhaps you are a technician at the Large Hadron Collider.

Great full detailed review . Video is great as well. Thanks !

Great review and beautiful watch. Thank you

That lume is nuts

Nice review. Shot with mine around the globe, looks good as new.
    I really enjoy this one.

Name:  Damasko 2.jpg
Views: 1714
Size:  112.0 KB
    Damasko DA46 Black
    Seiko 5 vintage (1969)

Tag Heuer 2000 Classic (1990)
    Omega Seamaster vintage (mid 60's)
    Omega Seamaster 2254.50 Peter Blake
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 2201.50 (sold)
    Timex Q (reissue)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information