***What HAQ watch are you sporting today?*** - Page 38
Like Tree886Likes

Thread: ***What HAQ watch are you sporting today?***

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Re: ***What HAQ watch are you sporting today?***

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Mr. Moderator is unaware that your watch has a TC movement.
    This has an ETA Precidrive movement. It's not ulta-high accuracy movement but they describe it as utilizing TC technology. FWIW.

"The precision achieved due to thermo-compensation, which controls and regulates the motor pulses according to changes in the ambient temperature, means PreciDrive meets the rigorous chronometer certification requirements of the COSC (Contrôle Officiel Suisse des Chronomètres), provided the watch is not exposed to impacts, and is kept at a temperature between 20° C and 30° C. This is a unique feat that brings real added value to the watch."1

1. ETA SA, "2017 Quartz Overview" (Gretchen, Switzerland: The Swatch Group, 2017), 3.
    Last edited by IAvictorinox; January 13th, 2019 at 00:20.
    fogbound likes this.
    Baume & Mercier Malibu Auto (MV045083) Breitling Colt Ocean Auto (A17350) Concord Mariner SG (15.22.533) Ebel Type E Auto (9330C41) Edox Les Bemonts Chronometer (80046)

Instagram
    @ebel_ution

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/haq...haq+definition

Still trying to understand the definition of HAQ myself. There does not seem to be a universally accepted one although most use some range of SPY (seconds per year) as their basis. The more stringent use <= 10 SPY. Others <=20 SPY while a looser definition may be COSC (<= 25.55 SPY). So I guess the Tissot is or is not HAQ depending upon which definition a person uses.

To me, I guess it is HAQ, but just barely.

I also guess this discussion could go on indefinitely until there is a more clear definition of HAQ.
    IAvictorinox likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IAvictorinox View Post
    ...This is an ETA Precidrive movement. Per COSC standards, this watch will run within .07spd. That's not perfect and is certainly no Chronomaster but its at least certified to run better than the vast majority of quartz watches out there...
    Forget the marketing and let us know, please, why you think that the The Citizen (that is the name of the watch not "Chronomaster") is any better than the ETA Precidrive by pointing out the differences of the applied technologies of the respective movements from the point of precision/accuracy. Thanks in advance!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DayDatenut View Post
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/haq...haq+definition

Still trying to understand the definition of HAQ myself. There does not seem to be a universally accepted one although most use some range of SPY (seconds per year) as their basis. The more stringent use <= 10 SPY. Others <=20 SPY while a looser definition may be COSC (<= 25.55 SPY). So I guess the Tissot is or is not HAQ depending upon which definition a person uses.

To me, I guess it is HAQ, but just barely.

I also guess this discussion could go on indefinitely until there is a more clear definition of HAQ.
    Perhaps, you could focus on the applied technologies instead of the marketing slogans/claims.
    Spare me from the marketing claims and just let me know of the applied technologies and I will know whether the movement is HAQ. It is that simple really.

I've never experienced so much hostility on WUS. I was curious about HAQ, bought an entry-level cosc quartz watch, posted a picture, defended my post by providing documentation of TC technology, and am now required to defend my defense. I think it meets the outer limits of the definition of HAQ but I'll bow out now.

...For the record, ppaulusz, "The Citizen" is the colloquial name given to the model titled "Chronomaster." I don't own one but I know from others who keep track that they are extremely accurate (far above COSC standards). I'm probably not too far out on a limb when I say that "The Citizen" is typically more accurate than the Tissot PR100 COSC.

I'm out of here!
    drm7 likes this.
    Baume & Mercier Malibu Auto (MV045083) Breitling Colt Ocean Auto (A17350) Concord Mariner SG (15.22.533) Ebel Type E Auto (9330C41) Edox Les Bemonts Chronometer (80046)

Instagram
    @ebel_ution

I've never experienced so much hostility on WUS. I was curious about HAQ, bought an entry-level cosc quartz watch, posted a picture, defended my post by providing documentation of TC technology, and am now required to defend my defense. I think it meets the outer limits of the definition of HAQ but I'll bow out now.

...For the record, ppaulusz, "The Citizen" is the colloquial name given to the model titled "Chronomaster." I don't own one but I know from others who keep track that they are extremely accurate (far above COSC standards). I'm probably not too far out on a limb when I say that "The Citizen" is typically more accurate than the Tissot PR100 COSC.

I'm out of here!
    - You obviously do not quite understand the meaning of the word "hostility". I used words like "please" and "thanks" in my "hostile" post... just for the record!
    - This is the Chronomaster from Citizen: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-kyotoya-shop/13909004/ - it is not even quartz... again, just for the record!
    - The ETA Precidrive is also extremely accurate (far better than the COSC standards)... just for the record!

HAQ and AW moderator

Mr. Moderator still wonders about the value of this thread.

I'm out of here!
    Don't sweat it dude, your watch obviously meets all the requirements to be here. Yep you're also right "The Citizen" and Chronomaster have been terminology used interchangebly here for years, and is how this watch is refered to in Hodinkee as recently as September of 2018. Your response was fine.

You are also correct in assuming that those Citizen watches will almost certainly perform better than the Precidrive in yours, mine, and most every other Precidrive watch that folks have measured recently. If you have a Certina, Tissot, Chis Ward, or any other watch with that movement that is getting 5 s/yr great, if it doesn't well its not supposed to no recourse.Those Citizen watches on the other hand can be sent back if they don't meet those 5 s/yr specs.

As far as I know this thread is simply "eye candy" and is the 4th most viewed thread all time on this forum. Obvoiusly pretty popular, a lot of people seem to think it has value.
    nodnar, IAvictorinox and 356Cruzer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ppaulusz View Post
    . . .
    - This is the Chronomaster from Citizen: https://item.rakuten.co.jp/auc-kyotoya-shop/13909004/ - it is not even quartz... again, just for the record!
    . . .
    I believe IAvictorinox was clearly referring to Citizen's current lineup of "The Citizen" watches (many labeled "Chronomaster") that have quartz movements rated at +/-5 seconds/year ( https://citizen.jp/the-citizen/index.html ), successors to the movements described in your 2009-2016 thread ( https://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/his...-319903-2.html ), not vintage mechanical Chronomasters.
    Last edited by stolen-gmt-master; January 13th, 2019 at 20:06. Reason: clarified
    IAvictorinox likes this.
    ------------------------------------

(Almost) every watch a tool watch.

Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Last edited by O2AFAC67; January 14th, 2019 at 06:11.

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

Page 38 of 55 FirstFirst ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information