Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Off Topic post Bomber...

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

Re: Bomber...

Quote Originally Posted by O2AFAC67 View Post
    Nice watch, for sure.

Do you have any actual accuracy measurements over time that would verify its status as HAQ?

TIA
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Gift Re: Bomber...

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Nice watch, for sure.

Do you have any actual accuracy measurements over time that would verify its status as HAQ?

TIA
    Here is some detail regarding the piece...

B-1 HAQ 1280X800S by o2afac67, on Flickr

And from our "Articles" section above the main Breitling forum, exact detail regarding HAQ and COSC ... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f39/br...cy-907034.html

In actual measure practice, my B-1 pictured all over WUS typically gains or lose a little less than 2 seconds every six months which I note every time I reset the time for standard or daylight savings time. Hope this helps...

Best,
    Ron

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by O2AFAC67 View Post
    Here is some detail regarding the piece...

B-1 HAQ 1280X800S by o2afac67, on Flickr

And from our "Articles" section above the main Breitling forum, exact detail regarding HAQ and COSC ... https://forums.watchuseek.com/f39/br...cy-907034.html

In actual measure practice, my B-1 pictured all over WUS typically gains or lose a little less than 2 seconds every six months which I note every time I reset the time for standard or daylight savings time. Hope this helps...

Best,
    Ron
    If conformance to COSC specs = HAQ, then yes, that info would be very helpful; but it does not.

So all I can discern from your answer is that you have casually observed accuracy visually when changing time every six months. Certainly not a substitute for more accepted ways to measure HAQ performance, like those discussed in this thread (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/met...ch-382752.html), but better than nothing.

Thanks for the info.
    "So?"

If conformance to COSC specs = HAQ, then yes, that info would be very helpful; but it does not.

So all I can discern from your answer is that you have casually observed accuracy visually when changing time every six months. Certainly not a substitute for more accepted ways to measure HAQ performance, like those discussed in this thread (https://forums.watchuseek.com/f9/met...ch-382752.html), but better than nothing.

Thanks for the info.
    You are most welcome for the info. Apologies in advance for only having casually observed a few six month accuracy checks. However casual, I agree, they were better than nothing. More importantly, they were satisfactory for my purposes of using and enjoying the watch. I simply don't have the level of interest you have in more "accepted" ways to measure HAQ performance. Your needs and interest may differ...
    dwalby likes this.

gaijin, if we are gonna accept the PreciDrives, which often are only noted as being COSC, then we accept this.

He didn't have to mention it was COSC. It has chronometer indicated on the dial, which implies COSC, or similar certification. And that is sufficient by longstanding practice here.

MANY of us are not interested in actively testing. Please let's not get back into minutiae and nitpicking that wrecked the forum.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    gaijin, if we are gonna accept the PreciDrives, which often are only noted as being COSC, then we accept this.

He didn't have to mention it was COSC. It has chronometer indicated on the dial, which implies COSC, or similar certification. And that is sufficient by longstanding practice here.

MANY of us are not interested in actively testing. Please let's not get back into minutiae and nitpicking that wrecked the forum.
    That's fine by me!

I guess I'm still caught up in what the difference is between a nice quartz watch and a HAQ. Honestly, if all that's required to classify a watch as HAQ is COSC certification, then I'm all in. And if all that's required of other quartz watches is to demonstrate performance within COSC specifications (i.e. +0.20 sec/day or +73.05 sec/year @ 8 DegC, +0.07 sec/day or +25.57 sec/year @ 23 DegC and +0.20 sec/day or +73.05 sec/year @ 38 DegC) that's fine with me as long as that is how we are defining HAQ.

What happened to the +10 sec/year requirement for HAQ that I'm sure I saw talked about?

If that's dead, and the bar for entry into HAQ is COSC specs, then OK. But, is that really where we are?

I'm really not trying to stir up anything, just seeking clarification.

HTH
    "So?"

HAQ and AW moderator

Mr. Moderator is using 10 s/y offset for modern HAQ watches. That is by measurements not manufacturer's specs.
    gaijin and koolpep like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Mr. Moderator is using 10 s/y offset for modern HAQ watches. That is by measurements not manufacturer's specs.
    I thank Mr. Moderator for his clarification.
    ronalddheld and koolpep like this.
    "So?"

Thanks for the info.
    With all due respect, the article seems to be more concerned with a pedantic devotion to process, rather than outcome. Not counting GPS, phone, or other external controls, I have a hard time not accepting 4spy as HAQ.
    O2AFAC67 likes this.
    Gods may note the fall of a sparrow, but they don't make any effort to catch them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information