Breitling Colt discontinued
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Breitling Colt discontinued

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MBQ

Breitling Colt discontinued

It seems like the whole Breitling Colt line has been discontinued and is being replaced by the Avenger series. Iíve yet to see a quartz in the Avenger series and I donít think we will. Sad to see one of the better quartz watches out there disappear. The Colt Quartz was a HAQ, had 8 year battery life, a bezel and 200-500m WR depending on the version.

Letís hope Breitling doesnít decide to discontinue the Professional series (Emergency, Aerospace, B55, B50) but I think those watches are too important for the Breitling DNA, although Breitling havenít focused much attention on them recently.

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: Breitling Colt discontinued

I believe the Professional series will remain. Not certain if the B50 or B55 might be discontinued.

MBQ
    Agree, the professional line should/must stay. The Aerospace and Emergency should be safe, but as you say B50 or B55 might leave. It looks like the Chronospace Military is gone as well.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

HAQ and AW moderator

I would really be surprised if the Aerospace or Emergency were discontinued

MBQ
    It’s extremely evident how little Breitling is focusing on quartz if you visit their Instagram account. Also, my local dealer doesn’t stock a single quartz Breitling.

Quote Originally Posted by MBQ View Post
    It’s extremely evident how little Breitling is focusing on quartz if you visit their Instagram account. Also, my local dealer doesn’t stock a single quartz Breitling.
    I suspect the industry has determined that there's an upper limit to what people are willing to pay for quartz, unlike the seemingly unlimited price range they'll pay for mechanical, so the higher-priced quartz models are being gradually discontinued by the Swiss. Omega did the same with the Seamaster quartz a few years ago, don't follow it closely enough to know exactly when, but its gone from their lineup.

Seiko/GS/Citizen/Casio aren't showing any fear of quartz at various price points, we may be slowly evolving into a mostly Japanese quartz market, with a few Swiss offerings based on Ronda movements. The Longines VHP is still a great option though.
    Last edited by dwalby; October 22nd, 2019 at 01:11.

MBQ

I actually think that quartz have had a bit of a resurgence over the last years or so. Most acknowledge that there are some cool quartz watches and that they are not all the same. With smartwatches coming our way there is probably even going to be a bit of nostalgia love for quartz.

As for Omega's decision to quit quartz in Seamasters it's probably because they wanted to raise prices and I think they switched their auto movements to more high end as well? Omega's recent quartz movements haven't been very interesting anyway, apart from the one in the X33 or Z33. The X33 and Z33 from Omega and the professional line from Breitling might be a way to differentiate quartz more from their mechanical watches and it maybe it's a good decision from a business standpoint.
    tortugoala likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MBQ View Post
    I actually think that quartz have had a bit of a resurgence over the last years or so. Most acknowledge that there are some cool quartz watches and that they are not all the same. With smartwatches coming our way there is probably even going to be a bit of nostalgia love for quartz.
    I actually doubt it and think quartz offering has been reducing in the past year. I am struggling to find any decent and affordable quartz GMT and could not find any beside Longines VHP GMT. I guess smartwatches are really killing the quartz market.
    ronalddheld likes this.

MBQ

Quote Originally Posted by utzelu View Post
    I actually doubt it and think quartz offering has been reducing in the past year. I am struggling to find any decent and affordable quartz GMT and could not find any beside Longines VHP GMT. I guess smartwatches are really killing the quartz market.
    I agree that quartz might be on a decline in say the $100-500 range, but not necessarily high end quartz or more interesting quartz watches like the VHP GMT you mention. It’s a lot more expensive but there are Grand Seiko GMTs. If you are OK with anadigi watches there are also some options that could be used as GMTs.

George Kerns said that he plans on phasing out the quartz watches from the Breitling inventory. So donít be surprised if the Pro line goes away in the next few years. As for the Colt line, that line has indeed been removed from the catalogue although should still be available for purchase until stock is gone.

Also, IMHO, I feel that the SuperOcean is more likely the line taking the place of the Colt since the SuperOcean has more crossover with the Colt in function, design and cost then the Avenger does.

Just my two cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information