Breitling Superquartz questions
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By RyCheDay
  • 1 Post By RyCheDay
  • 1 Post By Barbababa
  • 2 Post By Tom-HK

Thread: Breitling Superquartz questions

Breitling Superquartz questions

Hi: Doesanyone here have the Breitling Superquartz? I’m wondering how it rates in terms of quality andtimeliness compared to the other higher end quartz watches (Grand Seiko,Longines, Sinn, etc)? Is it considered a HAQ? Is it considered a “simple quartz”or more along the lines of a VHP?

Thanks.Sorry if my question is amateur, I’m new to the quartz world of watches.

Barbababa likes this.

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: Breitling Superquartz questions

Have you crossposted this on the Breitling forum?

just did, thanks for the advice
    Last edited by RyCheDay; 4 Weeks Ago at 17:36.
    ronalddheld likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RyCheDay View Post
    Hi: Doesanyone here have the Breitling Superquartz? I’m wondering how it rates in terms of quality andtimeliness compared to the other higher end quartz watches (Grand Seiko,Longines, Sinn, etc)? Is it considered a HAQ? Is it considered a “simple quartz”or more along the lines of a VHP?

Thanks.Sorry if my question is amateur, I’m new to the quartz world of watches.
    I had a WEMPE Zeitmeister with that caliber. The ETA 955.652. Same movement inside Sinn UX. It´s a thermokompensated quartz caliber with no other special features than keeping good time (HAQ) ;) It´s a good caliber, but not on par with Grand Seiko 9f or Citizen A660. The Longines VHP caliber E56111 have some nice features, and I would rate it higher as well. But never the less, it´s a good quality caliber. I´m not sure it will perform better than any other ETA precidrive, especially if they are COSC. I hope my input was to some use :)
    RyCheDay likes this.

Well a Breitling would be more towards a VHP than a simple quartz. The Longines, GS, and Citizen will be better for accuracy, but we're not talking a great deal. Now if you're interested in other features and complications things like water resistance, shock, ani-digital, are of interest to you then Breitlings are worth looking at.

You might also want to look at a battery change or service on a Sinn.

The good thing is its pretty easy for you to handle a Breitling or Longines in most places.

In 2011, Breitling introduced its SuperQuartz techonology for its entire quartz production. The goal was to offer an accuracy that was ten times superior as what could be found with regular quartz movements. The accuracy is of 15 seconds per year versus 150 seconds of variation.

Thats what I found on the internet :)

Quote Originally Posted by nudie View Post
    In 2011, Breitling introduced its SuperQuartz techonology for its entire quartz production. The goal was to offer an accuracy that was ten times superior as what could be found with regular quartz movements. The accuracy is of 15 seconds per year versus 150 seconds of variation.

Thats what I found on the internet :)
    I always found their 15 SPY spec to be a bit confusing, since Breitling were using ETA movements that were otherwise spec'd to 10 SPY. I understand that Breitling made some minor modifications to the base ETA movement, but I don't imagine they did anything to deliberately make it less accurate than when it left ETA. Perhaps they were just being a bit more realistic about the sort of time-keeping that end users could expect under real world conditions.
    ronalddheld and watchcrank_tx like this.
    Ask me about 4 MHz watches

Well wouldn't an average quartz watch be either 15spm or 30spm? Assuming 15spm than it would be 180spy and 10X better more like 18spy spec for Super quartz. Simply put they spec them to be chronometer grade so they may perform better but they will meet COSC. Why bother with saying 10spy.

Clearly it's pretty rare here that those ETA movements in Certina's hit 10spy anyway, so Breitling isn't making them worse.

Name:  IMG_4029[20215].jpg
Views: 33
Size:  3.20 MB This is my Longines with the ETA e64.111 Precidrive. I have the same model in gold, they both perform around +3spy. And Longines does not spec them at all, go figure?

Thread Information