Certina DS-2 chronograph problems

Thread: Certina DS-2 chronograph problems

Certina DS-2 chronograph problems

So this has maybe been going on for the past couple months now...whenever I start the chronograph function, the 1/100 second hand seems to “stick” around 2:00 then go all frantically around the rest of the time, sometimes even going backwards.

Also, sometimes while in the case, the chronograph seconds hand and 1/100 second hand appear at random positions throughout the day.

I opened the case back and moved the battery around and sealed it back up and that seemed to fix it for awhile, then it started to do it again...

Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea what’s causing this?

I have a video of this happening, but I don’t know how to upload a video. This is my first post...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Certina DS-2 chronograph problems

"moved the battery around and sealed it back up and that seemed to fix it for awhile"

Your watch exhibits behavior I've not heard of in this or any properly operating watch. I have a DS-2 chrono and it's never acted like this before (actually none of my quartz or mechanical chronos acted like that).

Have you tried putting in a new battery, or maybe cleaning battery contacts in the watch? Cleaning the battery's terminals and watch's battery contacts are worth a shot, the battery is likely not bad since the end of life indicator never triggered.

That seems like it could be worth a shot. I was also planning on replacing the battery as well. Maybe I could try both and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Sorry to hear about that.

I'm wondering if the there's a movement malfunction.

If you're battery was low or defective, either the seconds have would be jumping in 5 second increments or probable not working altogether.

Really hoping it's just the battery in your case. Keep us posted.

Thread Information