CITIZEN AQ1030 57E
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: CITIZEN AQ1030 57E

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CITIZEN AQ1030 57E

My grail watch! and for me the best resolved dial.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The restless wrist demands new blood

Re: CITIZEN AQ1030 57E

The titanium version is 45gm lighter with a fancier bracelet

Name:  AQ1040 53E.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  312.4 KB

Alignment thy name is Citizen

https://youtu.be/T2CCB_QFR_Q
    espiga and mleok like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lovely. The PR indicator reminds me of an unfolded fan. This one shows full power up, GS almost always shows it down.
    ZENciti likes this.

A power reserve on a quartz?

Interesting idea
    Davosa,Omega speedy reduced, Seiko(6) ,Orient (3),Citizen (3) GShocks(8), Pebble Time smartwatches (2) are my poison on a Skinny 5 and 3/4 inch wrist

Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post

Interesting idea
    It's solar powered, so in theory there is a point to the power reserve indicator. In reality I found the PR on my Citizen to be a bit annoying. The hand never actually reaches the top of the 'fan' and it was only during an unrelated trip to a Citizen Service Centre that I learned this was how it was designed. So there I was wondering why my watch never achieved full charge when in fact it was fully charged all along.

What I find most curious about the PR in the OP's Citizen is that in several photos it is showing less than full charge. Mine was an AQ1000-58B, so a slightly older model but still with the same movement, and with normal, everyday wear the PR indicator never dropped below full. I tried putting it in a dark box for a couple of days and the PR still didn't drop. After consulting the manual I discovered that it could be a good couple of months before the needle dropped to the next level down. And the thought of having an Eco-Drive Citizen sitting in a dark box for months on end just made no sense to me and made me question the whole point of the PR.

I would be curious to know whether the photos showing a lower level of power reserve were taken whilst the watch was still new and charging up, or whether some other condition of use has caused the level to drop (such as very occasional wear and keeping it in a dark box whilst not being worn)?
    trott3r and Gadgety like this.
    Ask me about 4 MHz watches

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-HK View Post
    It's solar powered, so in theory there is a point to the power reserve indicator. In reality I found the PR on my Citizen to be a bit annoying. The hand never actually reaches the top of the 'fan' and it was only during an unrelated trip to a Citizen Service Centre that I learned this was how it was designed. So there I was wondering why my watch never achieved full charge when in fact it was fully charged all along. What I find most curious about the PR in the OP's Citizen is that in several photos it is showing less than full charge. Mine was an AQ1000-58B, so a slightly older model but still with the same movement, and with normal, everyday wear the PR indicator never dropped below full. I tried putting it in a dark box for a couple of days and the PR still didn't drop. After consulting the manual I discovered that it could be a good couple of months before the needle dropped to the next level down. And the thought of having an Eco-Drive Citizen sitting in a dark box for months on end just made no sense to me and made me question the whole point of the PR. I would be curious to know whether the photos showing a lower level of power reserve were taken whilst the watch was still new and charging up, or whether some other condition of use has caused the level to drop (such as very occasional wear and keeping it in a dark box whilst not being worn)?
    Ah solar thanks. I dont understand why it would never be full on the PR. By dropping down to the next level are you saying that it only has a set number of steps like 6 on the seiko kinetic with no in betweens? If so thats not the best design idea but there maybe be a practical reason for it.
    Davosa,Omega speedy reduced, Seiko(6) ,Orient (3),Citizen (3) GShocks(8), Pebble Time smartwatches (2) are my poison on a Skinny 5 and 3/4 inch wrist

Ah solar thanks. I dont understand why it would never be full on the PR. By dropping down to the next level are you saying that it only has a set number of steps like 6 on the seiko kinetic with no in betweens? If so thats not the best design idea but there maybe be a practical reason for it.
    I never saw the PR indicator move, but I do believe it moves gradually and I did not mean to suggest that it might make large steps.
    Ask me about 4 MHz watches

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-HK View Post
    I never saw the PR indicator move, but I do believe it moves gradually and I did not mean to suggest that it might make large steps.
    Okay good I glad you have clarified that. Seen them on ebay for $1700 upwards and customs on top of that.

Interesting idea
    Rolex power reserve: 2 days
    Citizen power reserve 550 days :)
    Gadgety likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information