Citizen Exceed EBR74-2321

Thread: Citizen Exceed EBR74-2321

Citizen Exceed EBR74-2321

Hi folks, been lurkig on the forum for some time, getting all the information I could on "The Citizen" which I recently purchaced at Yodabashi Camera in Shinjuku.

I'm very happy with this watch, and thank all those on the forum for providing such a good resource for high end quartz watches.

Now to my question. I heard that the Citizen Exceed line have an accuracy of +-10 sec per year. Does this apply to all the Exceed's, or only to "The Exceed"? I really like this watch here:

http://watch.citizen.co.jp/exceed/li...co/742321.html

It would be nice to have a high accuracy watch with 'eco drive' technology.

Thumbs Up Re: Citizen Exceed EBR74-2321

Hi,

I know that EBJ74-1901 and EBJ74-2101 are +-10 seconds a year. These are eco-drive. There are +- 10 seconds a year Exceeds but they are battery power. The one you like says it is +-10. However, it does not have a date. The two watches at the top do but they are more expensive. Take care and congratulations on the The Citizen.

Re: Citizen Exceed EBR74-2321

I second the congratulations, shadrash. The The Citizen is a great watch! You'll have to post some pics.

As far as I know, all Exceeds are rated to 10 seconds per year. On the late lamented old forum, we had found pictures of the two movements (A660 for the The Citizen, and A690 for the Exceed) and they looked identical. I conjecture that the two are in fact identical, and that the performance difference is due solely to more care and human intervention being taken in the adjustment of the A660.

My wife has had an Exceed (a present from her watch obsessed hubby), and it has gained a little over a second since last May. Based on this slim evidence, they seem to perform to well within their specifications.

On a side note, the Exceed that I got for my wife was my attempt to find her the ultimate "no care" watch that still looked feminine. It's close -- having high accuracy, a perpetual calendar, a sapphire crystal, and the Eco-drive. I couldn't find the total package, though, of all this plus a Duratect coating and 10 bar water resist. (The ladies The Citizen has the latter two, but does not have the calendar.) I don't know why Citizen doesn't do a ladies watch like this. The one you are looking at is a total package except for the date, which you may not care about.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Reding
    I second the congratulations, shadrash. The The Citizen is a great watch! You'll have to post some pics.

As far as I know, all Exceeds are rated to 10 seconds per year. On the late lamented old forum, we had found pictures of the two movements (A660 for the The Citizen, and A690 for the Exceed) and they looked identical. I conjecture that the two are in fact identical, and that the performance difference is due solely to more care and human intervention being taken in the adjustment of the A660.

My wife has had an Exceed (a present from her watch obsessed hubby), and it has gained a little over a second since last May. Based on this slim evidence, they seem to perform to well within their specifications.

On a side note, the Exceed that I got for my wife was my attempt to find her the ultimate "no care" watch that still looked feminine. It's close -- having high accuracy, a perpetual calendar, a sapphire crystal, and the Eco-drive. I couldn't find the total package, though, of all this plus a Duratect coating and 10 bar water resist. (The ladies The Citizen has the latter two, but does not have the calendar.) I don't know why Citizen doesn't do a ladies watch like this. The one you are looking at is a total package except for the date, which you may not care about.
    Bruce -- do any of the men's Citizens meet all of your criteria?

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    I think this one does:

http://watch.citizen.co.jp/exceed/li...xd/742101.html

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrash
    Hi Shadrash,
    That is one of the two I send you information about.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin
    I believe that you've been pointed in the right direction, Merlin. The Exceed line is the place to look. Heres a link to a site with very nice pics, including some of last year's models that can still be found:

http://watch-tanaka2.sub.jp/page118.htm

Here's one which I think has it all, but unfortunately I can't get Babelfish to cooperate:

http://www.watch-tanaka.com/citizen/EBJ74-1742/

Of course, the The Citizen has it all except for the Eco-Drive. Bit of a mystery, but my take is that they do not want to compromise on the beauty of the dial for their top line watch.

Thread Information