The Citizen free servicing - Do it!
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: The Citizen free servicing - Do it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Citizen free servicing - Do it!

If your Citizen is running outside specification I recommend getting the free servicing done as part of the 10 year warranty.

My AQ1030-57E (A010 movement) was slightly outside tolerance at 6-8 seconds per year so I dropped it off at the Ginza flagship store for the first service. I didn't mention any issues with the watch.

Picked it up a couple of months later. Report came back as out of spec - movement replaced.

Still to do an accuracy test on the watch but I was surprised they did that given the trouble others have had dealing with accuracy issues under warranty.

Re: The Citizen free servicing - Do it!

When I last bought a The Citizen, the 10 year warranty applied only to watches bought by someone with an address registered in Japan. You either got this by living in Japan or by using one of a select few middlemen. Other international buyers were (are?) stuck with a one year international warranty.

My The Citizen was running at nearly 7 SPY as it approached the end of its first year and I sent it back for rate correction. They didn't change the movement but assured me (six months later, when they returned the watch) that the rate had been corrected. Sadly, this assurance was not accurate, either.

I love The Citizens for their solar power, perpetual calendar, IAHH and 5 SPY spec, but whilst some people report great results from their watches and from Citizen's servicing arm, my experience aligns more closely with those who have been bitterly disappointed.

At the same time as my The Citizen was sent back, they also took my E510 Citizen running at 14 SPY for a rate correction and returned it to me running at 70 SPY. This was out of warranty and I was paying full price for shipping and servicing because they had assured me that they could bring it back within spec.

Give me Grand Seiko's rate trimmer in lieu of a perpetual calendar any day (especially as they now have IAHH).

BTW, sorry, OP, to be launching straight into a moan as the first response to your thread. I am genuinely pleased for you and for any HAQ brethren who get their watches ticking within spec and it is nice to see that Citizen can deliver on occasion.
    watchcrank and gaijin like this.
    Ask me about 4 MHz watches

I think we have to be honest with our experiences so that the info may benefit someone else.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fangio View Post
    If your Citizen is running outside specification I recommend getting the free servicing done as part of the 10 year warranty.

My AQ1030-57E (A010 movement) was slightly outside tolerance at 6-8 seconds per year so I dropped it off at the Ginza flagship store for the first service. I didn't mention any issues with the watch.

Picked it up a couple of months later. Report came back as out of spec - movement replaced.

Still to do an accuracy test on the watch but I was surprised they did that given the trouble others have had dealing with accuracy issues under warranty.
    Just to be clear here, you dropped the watch at the Ginza store i Tokyo and picked it up at the same store later? You are resident in Japan or just travel a lot?

Yes. I travel occasionally to Tokyo. I used an address of a friend to register the watch but they were happy for me to drop off and pickup from the store.
    Barbababa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fangio View Post
    Yes. I travel occasionally to Tokyo. I used an address of a friend to register the watch but they were happy for me to drop off and pickup from the store.
    How can most other people do it then if they dont have friends in Japan

Quote Originally Posted by casper461 View Post
    How can most other people do it then if they dont have friends in Japan
    Buy from a dealer like Seiya or Higuchi.
    ronalddheld likes this.

HAQ and AW moderator

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post
    That is what I did, before we had stores in the US.

HAQ and AW moderator

Quote Originally Posted by John MS View Post

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Do the US stores carry the full The Citizen line or just some selected models? And, do the US stores give you the same 10 year service?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information