Like Tree11Likes

Thread: DIY HAQ clock

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

DIY HAQ clock

So, I'm building a clock.

Name:  IMG_20140915_222238.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  290.9 KB

That's an Arduino Yun, a DS3232 thermocompensated RTC, and a display module. It's kind of working now, in that the display is reading from the RTC which was set from NTP off the internet... but not working with great precision yet, as the interrupts are not hooked up. It should be around 20s/year right now, but I'm hoping for much better than that.
    dicioccio and ken_sturrock like this.

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: DIY HAQ clock

Looking forward to your progress. Will you be selling kits or completed units for those with 10 thumbs?

I don't know yet... I might. It has been fairly straightforward as soldering goes... but the next feature won't be.

I'm working on outputting JJY and WWV time code. The analog output for that is going to be somewhat annoying to build.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McGregor View Post
    I'm working on outputting JJY and WWV time code.
    That would be terrific.

I don't know yet... I might. It has been fairly straightforward as soldering goes... but the next feature won't be.

I'm working on outputting JJY and WWV time code. The analog output for that is going to be somewhat annoying to build.
    This really does fill a big gap in the HAQ world. I don't think there has ever been a TC clock, so I wish you the best of luck with this.

It won't be of great interest to you on the other side of the world, but you might care to add MSF and DCF77 while you're at it.

The next request will almost certainly be from someone demanding a wrist shot.

HAQ and AW moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chris01 View Post
    This really does fill a big gap in the HAQ world. I don't think there has ever been a TC clock, so I wish you the best of luck with this.

It won't be of great interest to you on the other side of the world, but you might care to add MSF and DCF77 while you're at it.

The next request will almost certainly be from someone demanding a wrist shot.
    Too many initial requests might diminish the chances of it being available to us.

More likely, will result in incomplete firmware with extras left as an exercise.

DCF77 needs a differently tuned output stage, so that's definitely going to take a while if it ever happens. MSF is no big deal, just another modulation.

More likely, will result in incomplete firmware with extras left as an exercise.

DCF77 needs a differently tuned output stage, so that's definitely going to take a while if it ever happens. MSF is no big deal, just another modulation.
    Sure. Just thought you'd like to have a few features on your to-do list, in case you get bored. Don't forget the perpetual calendar when you are adding extra digits to the display.

Quote Originally Posted by chris01 View Post
    Sure. Just thought you'd like to have a few features on your to-do list, in case you get bored. Don't forget the perpetual calendar when you are adding extra digits to the display.
    There's a perpetual calendar mode already... have to connect to the device with ssh from a computer to select it, but the calendar is there and working
    ronalddheld likes this.

There's a perpetual calendar mode already... have to connect to the device with ssh from a computer to select it, but the calendar is there and working
    Excellent! So moonphase, tides and chrono should take no time at all. Will it have a tourbillion?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information