HAQ summary 2018
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: HAQ summary 2018

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    HAQ and AW moderator

HAQ summary 2018

Looks as if i have been doing this for at least 13 years. All the watch were unworn

Tag Microtimer -44s

Sjoo Sandstrom ORC -11s

Krieger MC +67s

Pulsar PSR-10 +31s

GS quartz +18s

The Citizen +5s

Kreiger minute hand is jumping in 5 second intervals, so likely needs a new battery.
    blfan, tsteph12, gsilkey and 3 others like this.

Re: HAQ summary 2018

Tag Microtimer -44s
    Sjoo Sandstrom ORC -11s
    Krieger MC +67s
    Pulsar PSR-10 +31s
    GS quartz +18s
    The Citizen +5s
    You have a very interesting collection of HAQ pieces. I did not know TAG made that model and had not seen the Sjoo before either.
    Your numbers are impressive for the "The Citizen" and "Sjoo" and a little disappointing for the "GS". Would you mind providing a little more information on these?

1. Are all of these watches approximately the same age?
    2. I presume the Citizen is the A660 movement. Is that correct? (or A010 or A060)
    3. The Krieger and GS should be user adjustable. Have you made any attempt to adjust any of these?
    4. What movement does your GS have? Approximately how old is it?

I guess I am also making the assumption that your +18s for the GS is meant to be +18SPY. Since GS has recently published that their adjuster "steps" are in increments of 6SPY, if it were mine, I would be very tempted to turn it 3 clicks in the minus direction.

(I am especially interested in your results because about 2 months ago I purchased a GS SBGT237 and a Citizen AQ1000-66E and have started my own unscientific timing tests using time.gov as the standard. It's a neck-and-neck horse race so far.)

Any way, best regards and thanks for your post.

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Looks as if i have been doing this for at least 13 years. All the watch were unworn

Tag Microtimer -44s

Sjoo Sandstrom ORC -11s

Krieger MC +67s

Pulsar PSR-10 +31s

GS quartz +18s

The Citizen +5s

Kreiger minute hand is jumping in 5 second intervals, so likely needs a new battery.
    No Casio this year?
    Ask me about 4 MHz watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

B55?

HAQ and AW moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-HK View Post
    No Casio this year?
    Have problems setting it. Could use to see a manual or get setting instructions.

HAQ and AW moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 007IOU View Post
    B55?

B55 made 2 trips to BUSA due to bad firmware flashes. I wlll try to include it in the future.

HAQ and AW moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DayDatenut View Post
    You have a very interesting collection of HAQ pieces. I did not know TAG made that model and had not seen the Sjoo before either.
    Your numbers are impressive for the "The Citizen" and "Sjoo" and a little disappointing for the "GS". Would you mind providing a little more information on these?

1. Are all of these watches approximately the same age?
    2. I presume the Citizen is the A660 movement. Is that correct? (or A010 or A060)
    3. The Krieger and GS should be user adjustable. Have you made any attempt to adjust any of these?
    4. What movement does your GS have? Approximately how old is it?

I guess I am also making the assumption that your +18s for the GS is meant to be +18SPY. Since GS has recently published that their adjuster "steps" are in increments of 6SPY, if it were mine, I would be very tempted to turn it 3 clicks in the minus direction.

(I am especially interested in your results because about 2 months ago I purchased a GS SBGT237 and a Citizen AQ1000-66E and have started my own unscientific timing tests using time.gov as the standard. It's a neck-and-neck horse race so far.)

Any way, best regards and thanks for your post.
    1 No they vary in age acquired with the missing Casio the newest.
    2 Citizen is the A660 movement older than 10 years.
    3 Fo lot know if the Kreiger is user adjustable. It keeps "good enough" time usually. Will see after the battery charge. Uncertain about the GS performance this year.
    4 9F62

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Have problems setting it. Could use to see a manual or get setting instructions.
    Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6J...TM255V3JJ/view

Truth is, I was hoping you were having more luck with yours than I am with mine. My three NOS Casios were all performing splendidly for a while, then one by one they all started going wrong. There is one other SP-410 that I am aware of and the owner of that one says that his is going wrong, too.

Casio have suggested sending the watches back to them for inspection, but right now I am pretty disappointed. If you are having difficulty setting your Casio, it could simply be that it is having the same sort of problems that all the others are having. And I say "all the others" because I have only ever come across six of these and whilst I have not heard any more about the other SP-400G that popped up on this forum some years ago, having at least four of six watches malfunctioning is not promising.
    Ask me about 4 MHz watches

Yep, that's right. Forgot about that. I've never updated mine because of your warnings. Still love mine!

HAQ and AW moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-HK View Post
    Here you go:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6J...TM255V3JJ/view

Truth is, I was hoping you were having more luck with yours than I am with mine. My three NOS Casios were all performing splendidly for a while, then one by one they all started going wrong. There is one other SP-410 that I am aware of and the owner of that one says that his is going wrong, too.

Casio have suggested sending the watches back to them for inspection, but right now I am pretty disappointed. If you are having difficulty setting your Casio, it could simply be that it is having the same sort of problems that all the others are having. And I say "all the others" because I have only ever come across six of these and whilst I have not heard any more about the other SP-400G that popped up on this forum some years ago, having at least four of six watches malfunctioning is not promising.
    My impression, is that I should not send it back to Casio?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information