High accuracy quartz and Aviator "semi-formal" wear...

Thread: High accuracy quartz and Aviator "semi-formal" wear...

Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator O2AFAC67's Avatar

Cool High accuracy quartz and Aviator "semi-formal" wear...

" The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea "

Click to view: 500px Photo Gallery or... Breitling Pics Slideshow

Re: High accuracy quartz and Aviator "semi-formal" wear...

Nah, I'm not involved in the aviation industry so it would be a little over the top for me, and those little planes look like they will catch on stuff. But if you are in the industry I can see how it could work for you.

I was at many fund raisers and the really big money guys have links that match their watches, blue dial gold trinity watch with gold blue cuff links that match. White gold black dial and cuff links that match. Really a togeather look

Off Topic post Re: High accuracy quartz and Aviator "semi-formal" wear...

Quote Originally Posted by wbird View Post
    Nah, I'm not involved in the aviation industry so it would be a little over the top for me, and those little planes look like they will catch on stuff. But if you are in the industry I can see how it could work for you.

I was at many fund raisers and the really big money guys have links that match their watches, blue dial gold trinity watch with gold blue cuff links that match. White gold black dial and cuff links that match. Really a togeather look
    Never mentioned being in the "industry" or suggested the kitting had anything to do with "big money". Simply implied by photo caption there was perhaps an interest for some aviators (read pilots, navigators, crewmembers etc.) to tie together a common interest (aviator watch and aviation themed cufflinks) when semi-formal attire is required such as attendance at a wedding, funeral, graduation and so forth. Perhaps the kitting below would be more appropriate at your many fund raisers where the really big money guys have links matching their watches. The links below are bespoke hand made items crafted from vintage typewriter keys and Newfoundland slate to match the slate dials on the main watch and its ancillary UTC module. The diamonds are Top Wesseltons, F color and VVS1 clarity. The tie is labeled.

BTW, the ETA quartz movement in the ancillary UTC module in the pics above would easily be HAQ were it a three hander.

Leaving the really big money fundraisers and returning to aviators, watches and aviation oriented cufflinks, the below pictured Breitling aviator analog/digital HAQ chronograph on OEM black croco strap is IMO complimented nicely by mid 1940's vintage sterling silver cufflinks which are scale replicas of the world famous Wright "Cycone" radial aircooled aircraft engine, the engine which powered many famous military aircraft decades ago. Try to find another pair like this pair or a 53 year old pair like the little planes that catch on stuff anywhere in the world today. You would be lookng a long, long, long time and the results of your search are virtually determined already...

Here are those same Wright Cyclone cufflinks posed with another Breitling aviator chronograph sitting in a bowl decorated with an exact likeness of me wearing the tuxedo I favor for really big money fundraisers...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful and interesting pieces, and much respect for your passion for Breitlings and aviation.

Hope you didn’t take my inability to wear those pieces as a lack of appreciation for them. I just don’t have the same level of passion as you do, and yes I would be banging stuff and catching those airplanes on things.

Like wise I notice when folks take the time to put together their looks, like you and those folks I meet at fund raisers I attend through work and the charities my wife and I support. Yep you would fit in and I would notice you and ask you about them.

I’m guessing you clean up a little better than that guy in the dish.

Off Topic post Re: High accuracy quartz and Aviator "semi-formal" wear...

Quote Originally Posted by wbird View Post
    Beautiful and interesting pieces, and much respect for your passion for Breitlings and aviation.

Hope you didn’t take my inability to wear those pieces as a lack of appreciation for them. I just don’t have the same level of passion as you do, and yes I would be banging stuff and catching those airplanes on things.

Like wise I notice when folks take the time to put together their looks, like you and those folks I meet at fund raisers I attend through work and the charities my wife and I support. Yep you would fit in and I would notice you and ask you about them.

I’m guessing you clean up a little better than that guy in the dish.
    Yeppers, I'm with you when it comes to noticing and appreciating the watch/links kitting at those gatherings. In fact, I'm one of those wristwatch enthusiasts ("nerds" my granddaughter would opine) who will sometimes compliment the wearer. My late wife owned and wore some absolutely beautiful kittings of watch/bracelet/rings which were naturally noticed and mentioned much more often than guy's watches/links. We have been so fortunate and blessed to be able to enjoy fruits of labor and able and happy to give back and pay forward as well. And no, I really don't clean up any better than that guy in the dish. It is indeed an exact likeness...

PS. Here's a shot taken two days ago at my current wife's nephew's wedding. Those two pistols are our IDENTICAL twin granddaughters. My back is killing me after lugging those two around for a couple of hours...

Last edited by O2AFAC67; February 23rd, 2020 at 17:02.

huh, interesting. never knew this was a thing.

Edited a little bit for dial and cufflink detail...

B-1 337 cufflink crop 1280X800 post by o2afac67, on Flickr

Thread Information