LONGINES, CERTINA, AND BULOVA ACCURCY THREAD.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Old bill
  • 1 Post By Old bill
  • 2 Post By Old bill

Thread: LONGINES, CERTINA, AND BULOVA ACCURCY THREAD.

LONGINES, CERTINA, AND BULOVA ACCURCY THREAD.

Having caught the HAQ bug I have slowly been collecting some of the more affordable HAQ watches .
    They are as follows
    Longines VHP.
    Bulova Moon watch
    Certina DS2 COSC addition
    Bulova Miitary watch
    Certina DS Action

I reset all the watches on the 1st of January this year. They were all set to the same synced clock. As it’s time to change the clocks tomorrow it seemed like a good time to check the stats. All the watches have not been worn over the test period, and have been kept at a steady room temperature . On the DS Action I accidentally deleted one data point. But it has been running the sane amount of time as the others .I hope this is of some interest to some of you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hans Moleman, Miguel and Sassi like this.

Now studying the information . If I have my facts correct the watches should be accurate to the following SPY
    Longines 8.7 spy
    Certina DS2 1.3 spy
    Bulova Moon watch 1 spy
    Certina DS Action 18 spy
    Bulova Military uhf 20 spy
    Now I know these are subject to change. How do these compare with others with similar watches ?
    Sassi likes this.

Good effort! I'll let the old hands on here fire away with the analysis.

If all these are tucked away what watch are you wearing?

Also i only saw that Timefactors/Precista did an affordable HAQ diver recently, would love to see how that fairs *nudge nudge*
    HAQless collector

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Bulova super accuracy

As I approach the four month mark since I BST and I started logging all the times. Here is a update. All the watches have been unworn and are stored in the same set of draws.
    Given how warm is has been in the UK over the last few weeks is is not surprising there has been some changes.
    My Bulova military watch is currently running 8.1 seconds fast. This is after 119 days
    The Bulova Accutron 11 is running 9.9 seconds fast.
    I have 2 Longiness VHPs one made last year in silver this is running at 2.6 seconds fast.
    The other one which was made this year and is black is running 1.2 seconds slow .
    This leave the most accurate one to last . I have one of the new COSC certina watches with 3 hands. This at this moment in time has not changed by any notable margin. Still running at 0 seconds change. This is also after 119 days.
    At £380 a HAQ bargin.
    ronalddheld and Sassi like this.

Re: LONGINES, CERTINA, AND BULOVA ACCURCY THREAD.

Your DS Action seems to have comparable accuracy to my DS-8 (and it's better than my DS-2 chrono) so I believe the data on the Certina. Same goes for the Lunar Pilot (moon watch). None of my Bulovas are as accurate as your Lunar Pilot but of my Bulovas the L/P is the most accurate, well within 10 sec/yr.

In general your observations are pretty much like mine, the Certinas are not any better or worse than the Bulovas in terms of accuracy out of the box. Some will be spot on but there are plenty of them that won't come close to their claimed 10 sec/yr and it isn't temp compensation related.

Thread Information