Longines Flagship VHP Accuracy Update: Month 11

Thread: Longines Flagship VHP Accuracy Update: Month 11

Longines Flagship VHP Accuracy Update: Month 11

I'm much enjoying this watch. It's very much a stealth watch in many ways. I appreciate its plain, classic looks but it really doesn't get noticed. Even other WISes don't recognize it until I tell them what it is. I'm wearing it about a workday a week, or about 5% of the time.

As of today (February 23rd), the watch is right on time.gov (NIST), which is to say, less than half a second off. HOWEVER.. the last time report had the watch +2 seconds, of which 1 second was the leap second. About two weeks ago, the watch suddenly lost two seconds. I have no idea what caused it; I would have noticed any severe shocks, and I'm not aware of being near any EM fields out of the ordinary.

Therefore, the accuracy so far over the 11 months has been -1 second. Still impressive, but I sure wonder about that time skip.

Re: Longines Flagship VHP Accuracy Update: Month 11

Impressive results. Congrats!

We've seen reports from at least two others about sudden time losses w/ the VHP. The others were substantially larger, though. Very puzzling.

Quote Originally Posted by baristaman
    ... About two weeks ago, the watch suddenly lost two seconds. I have no idea what caused it; ...
    Therefore, the accuracy so far over the 11 months has been -1 second. Still impressive, but I sure wonder about that time skip.
    I wonder too as it is not normal that the VHP suddenly lost 2 seconds. To my best recollection, it never was more than a fraction of the second (less than 0.5 sec.) off per month (worst case scenario) since the calibration took place almost a year ago. I hope that the experts can save the the forum's database from the dead harddisk so my monthly accuracy reports can be compared again.

My new Longines Conquest VHP Perpetual Calendar is well within specifications since the calibration took place about 6 weeks ago... but... my first impression (which can be misleading as six months would be a better timeframe for drawing a conclusion) is that the watchman this time did not get it as spot on as was the case with the Flagship a year ago. My calculation is that the watch would be about 5-8 seconds fast over the 12 months period if it keeps its current rate. If it turns out to be the case then I will take the watch for re-calibration before December this year (just to give enough info about its accuracy to the watchman and still be within the warranty period so the re-calibration would be free of charge). I wear the watch about 10% of the time.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Reding
    We've seen reports from at least two others about sudden time losses w/ the VHP. The others were substantially larger, though. Very puzzling.
    And none of the watches were sent for check-up to the Service Centre... to make the whole story even more puzzling...

Quote Originally Posted by ppaulusz
    And none of the watches were sent for check-up to the Service Centre... to make the whole story even more puzzling...
    With all due respect to the Service Centers' skill, I have considerable scepticism about their ability to diagnose an intermittent problem like this. In addition, I'm several hundred miles away from the service center in Toronto, Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by ppaulusz
    Actually I gave my Flagship VHP to a watchmaker 9 days ago and still waiting for results. The watchmaker is affiliated to the Swatch Group Service Center and has a workshop at 42nd Street in New York. I’ll keep your informed.

Thread Information