Longines VHP not hitting markers
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Longines VHP not hitting markers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Longines VHP not hitting markers

Hello WUS,

I wanted to get feedback on an issues I've been having with my Longines VHP that I purchased earlier this year. I was wondering if any owners have noticed their seconds hand not always hitting the dial markers. Since this was a feature and a huge selling point for me, I have already returned the watch to SGUS for service. It was returned to me with the seconds hand in slightly different alignment but still not hitting all the markers. I wrote a long email to complain and a representative reached out and asked me to return the piece to be serviced again in good faith. I did so and still off. I was told that the watch is very finicky but that the watch was returned to me each time "within tolerances."

So VHP owners, anyone out there with similar issues? Does the seconds hand hit some but not all? Is it slightly off in general? Any advice? The watch is otherwise within specs in terms of timing.

Re: Longines VHP not hitting markers

Mine hit the markers perfectly. Do you have some pics to show how far it is off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s hard to photograph since it misses about a quarter of the markers and hits some others. When it misses it sits about halfway between the marker and smaller 1/3 second marker right before it. The seconds hand is always slightly behind when it misses.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I wonder if the dial has a problem rather than the movement and seconds hand. The markers may not be spaced equally.
    ronalddheld likes this.

Whatever the reason bad QC, and somewhat typical of Swiss watches I have had.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a follow up. Went to the local Longines Boutique here in NYC to take a look at the VHPs they had on hand and compare with mine. Met a very nice sales associate who showed me a couple they had in store and also took a look at mine. She agreed that my seconds had was not hitting the markers perfectly and noticed that the two examples we looked at in store were also not. Very disappointing.

Honestly with all the features being touted on the VHP this looked like a good alternative to a Grand Seiko 9F or a Chonomaster. This probably has pushed me to the point where I'll be ordering a Grand Seiko SBGX293 and letting the Longines find a new home. Now I regret not pulling the trigger with I was in Japan two weeks ago...

that is unfortunate and completely contrary to my experience. I have had two VHP's and both were spot on hitting all the markers
    Nietzsche_Darko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Morsu View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a follow up. Went to the local Longines Boutique here in NYC to take a look at the VHPs they had on hand and compare with mine. Met a very nice sales associate who showed me a couple they had in store and also took a look at mine. She agreed that my seconds had was not hitting the markers perfectly and noticed that the two examples we looked at in store were also not. Very disappointing.

Honestly with all the features being touted on the VHP this looked like a good alternative to a Grand Seiko 9F or a Chonomaster. This probably has pushed me to the point where I'll be ordering a Grand Seiko SBGX293 and letting the Longines find a new home. Now I regret not pulling the trigger with I was in Japan two weeks ago...
    How about posting some pics of the seconds hand not hitting the marks - could be very informative.

TIA
    ronalddheld likes this.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Here are some photos of my example as requested.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree, I would not be happy with that, either.

Return it, exchange it or sell it.

Thanks for the pics.
    ronalddheld likes this.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information