Movado movements -

Thread: Movado movements -

MarkUSA

Question Movado movements -

A newbie here - intrigued by watches but have little expertise. Movado seems to be a stylish, mid-priced watch. How about the quality of their quartz movements - 'high end' or 'middling' - ? Thank you in advance for any info.

Re: Movado movements -

Quote Originally Posted by MarkUSA
    A newbie here - intrigued by watches but have little expertise. Movado seems to be a stylish, mid-priced watch. How about the quality of their quartz movements - 'high end' or 'middling' - ? Thank you in advance for any info.
    Hi Mark. Welcome! I like Movado, and some here have some very stylish models of same. As far as the movements go, they're middling for quartz, which means they're great for all practical purposes. They're not the awful chinese cheapies you'll see in low end watches. OTOH, they're not top of the line thermocompensated models either.

MarkUSA

Re: Movado movements -

Thank you, Bruce. Well, guess I've got to do a little research on thermocompensated movements. Available on Omega, by any chance? Also, I hear a rumor that Rolex will be reviving the Oysterquartz; are you familiar with that situation?

Thread Information