New Citizen Chronomaster paper dials on a strap

Thread: New Citizen Chronomaster paper dials on a strap

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Citizen Chronomaster paper dials on a strap

Notice these new AQ4020-03A and AQ4020-03E models on a Crocodile leather.triple fold push type clasp.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    Watch Collection:
    1. Grand Seiko SBGX063 Quartz 37mm
    2. Citizen AQ 4020-54Y 37.5mm
    3. Casio G Shock GMW-B5000D-1ER
    4. Grand Seiko SBGA407 40.2mm
    5. Casio G Shock GMW-B5000TCM-1ER

Re: New Citizen Chronomaster paper dials on a strap

Kind of curious that they go black gator with the white dial, but brown with the black dial. Like...brown shoes with black suit. :)

Nice looking either way. Listed as 5 SPY, too, and web site's showing 10 year warranty. Price isn't bad, either, given the paper dial and titanium.

Hm. Not right now...but if the caliber 0100 doesn't appeal when it's released (price or appearance), this will have to be considered.

And yeah, AFAIK these are the first A060-based models on strap. There've been A010s before, but not A060s that I can recall.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

They look good

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quite nice. Black strap looks sharp

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hypothetical for ya.

Say you wanted one of these; I daresay that's not much of a stretch for many of us. Now, say that there's 4 SKUs, not 2...both dials can be ordered with black or brown strap. Which would you pick...white with black strap, white with brown strap, black with black strap, black with brown strap?

OR, option 5: you don't care about the strap as you'll put it on something else anyway. Come to think, this is probably my vote, simply because Citizen, AFAIK, doesn't offer multiple strap lengths.

BUT, on the chance I'd want to keep it, I most likely would prefer black on black #1, then white on brown #2.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Does anyone know of end-user photos of the black dial? So far all I have seen have been low resolution stock photos.

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Nice looking either way. Listed as 5 SPY, too, and web site's showing 10 year warranty. Price isn't bad, either, given the paper dial and titanium.
    It's been a while since I owned a The Citizen, but isn't the ten-year warranty applicable only to Japanese residents (or those who are willing to use certain, well-known Japanese intermediaries)? For those who live overseas, the deal is typically just one year of coverage.

I remember tracking the rate of mine very closely every day (whilst worn on the opposite wrist to my GS, bought at about the same time and being tested concurrently for the sake of the science) and once I had tracked it past 6 SPY, I sent it back - just within the warranty period.
    Ask me about 4 MHz watches

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-HK View Post
    It's been a while since I owned a The Citizen, but isn't the ten-year warranty applicable only to Japanese residents (or those who are willing to use certain, well-known Japanese intermediaries)? For those who live overseas, the deal is typically just one year of coverage.

I remember tracking the rate of mine very closely every day (whilst worn on the opposite wrist to my GS, bought at about the same time and being tested concurrently for the sake of the science) and once I had tracked it past 6 SPY, I sent it back - just within the warranty period.
    I just ordered the black dial model highlighted by the OP (only plus a titanium bracelet) from Higuchi & yes, to take advantage of the full 10-year warranty I know I can send it to Higuchi as my intermediary. I don't see that as a major problem since it's not much more trouble sending something to Japan than to 1 of Citizen USA's service centers (& I think there's a significant probability that they would have to forward a JDM model to Japan anyway).

I'm uncertain as to whether I would be able to double-dip & use a US service center for the 1st year & still be able to send it back to Japan for another 9 years. I've also read that the Citizen USA service centers will honor the Japanese 10-year warranty for JDM models, but haven't confirmed that with Citizen USA.
    Last edited by stolen-gmt-master; November 16th, 2018 at 22:56. Reason: clarification
    ------------------------------------

(Almost) every watch a tool watch.

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Hypothetical for ya.

Say you wanted one of these; I daresay that's not much of a stretch for many of us. Now, say that there's 4 SKUs, not 2...both dials can be ordered with black or brown strap. Which would you pick...white with black strap, white with brown strap, black with black strap, black with brown strap?

OR, option 5: you don't care about the strap as you'll put it on something else anyway. Come to think, this is probably my vote, simply because Citizen, AFAIK, doesn't offer multiple strap lengths.

BUT, on the chance I'd want to keep it, I most likely would prefer black on black #1, then white on brown #2.
    Non-hypothetically, I went w/your option 5 & ordered the AQ4020-03E w/an additional titanium bracelet. I already have plenty of leather straps, anyway!
    Last edited by stolen-gmt-master; November 16th, 2018 at 22:57.
    ------------------------------------

(Almost) every watch a tool watch.

A black dial & brown strap is a strange combination. Personally speaking, I'm not understanding that mix.
    Loving the white dial and black strap, though.
    I could stop buying watches, but I'm no quitter.

Rolex Submariner Ceramic ND 114060. Grand Seiko SBGN001G GMT. Omega Aqua Terra 8500. Omega Planet Ocean 8800. Omega Speedmaster 1863.

Casio MRG-8100B-1AJF. Casio MRG-7600-1AJF. Casio MRG-7700-1AJF. Casio GMW-B5000-1ER. Casio GMW-B5000TB-1ER. Casio GW-5000-1AJF.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information