Oysterquartz - Page 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Oysterquartz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Oysterquartz

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Do you have a link to the old quartz chronometer spec?

TIA
    I posted them in "what is the first cosc watch" thread on post number 26.

From the article, it seems a great watch - Who knows why Rolex didn't start the production...

Yes good technology. I have lost all patience for mechanical movements. Even the Rolex ones. Rollie fans wax on and on about their tough "tool" watches, but the reality is, one good bash on a door jamb or drop onto hard surface and the movement will require service. 8-12 weeks of no watch & $800usd++ fee. Leave your Rollie too close to your phone overnight? Magnetized, even with the new parachrom blu hairspring. Easy enough to fix at home with a demagnetizer but all the same a hassle. Oysterquartz would be great if went back into production but I don't think Rolex can/will do that. I think Grand Seiko have even dis-focused on their quartz movements in favor of mechanicals per their new issues sadly. Citizen & Longines (ETA) the only ones really carrying the HAQ torch forward these days it seems. I really hope the 0100 doesn't die a slow death in limited edition land. 0100 in regular production watches might reinvigorate the whole HAQ market. Most people aren't even aware of HAQ.
    Last edited by tomchicago; June 7th, 2019 at 23:48.
    Econoline likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tomchicago View Post
    I think Grand Seiko have even dis-focused on their quartz movements in favor of mechanicals per their new issues sadly.
    GS has new quartz watches, like my new 9F GMT, also diver. Certainly the 5 to 10 times more expensive automatics and spring drives get the limelight, but I suspect the new 9F GMT for example is a big seller already, and has turned at least some enthusiasts towards quartz again. For accuracy and simplicity, combined with top notch GS fit and finish.
    tomchicago and dicioccio like this.

Good point. I have an automatic GMT...lemme tell u setting it makes me cringe. I don't believe in winders so when I want to wear it, it's a huge hassle to set properly. Quartz for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by GMT-man View Post
    GS has new quartz watches, like my new 9F GMT, also diver. Certainly the 5 to 10 times more expensive automatics and spring drives get the limelight, but I suspect the new 9F GMT for example is a big seller already, and has turned at least some enthusiasts towards quartz again. For accuracy and simplicity, combined with top notch GS fit and finish.
    Econoline likes this.

Quite interesting and informative. Beautiful dial! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HEQAdmirer View Post
    Quite interesting and informative. Beautiful dial! thanks
    So, just trying to boost your post count in preparation for a watch sale?

Pleasse, try not to be so obvious.
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information