Question about Citizen A660 Perpetual Calendar and battery change
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Question about Citizen A660 Perpetual Calendar and battery change

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question about Citizen A660 Perpetual Calendar and battery change

I've read the Citizen A660 manual, but cannot determine whether you have to "reprogram" the perpetual calendar after a battery change. I would assume yes, but thought I'd ask the forum to see what happens after the battery is swapped out (you never know - it might retain the config)...
    Attached Images Attached Images

TrawlingOne and Barbababa like this.
    Grand Seiko SBGX115, Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0934, Seiko SARX055, Omega Seamaster Professional 300, Seiko Sumo, King Seiko 9923-8050 (1980), Casio Oceanus T-200SLE .... Guess I'm into Japanese Watches

Re: Question about Citizen A660 Perpetual Calendar and battery change

My CTQ57-0934 went about 2-4 weeks between the state "battery dead and removed" and "battery replaced," and to my surprise it retained the perpetual calendar information. You read this correctly, this was after multiple weeks without a battery. I wound up advancing the hour hand forward by about a month.
    TrawlingOne and das997 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SamRHughes View Post
    My CTQ57-0934 went about 2-4 weeks between the state "battery dead and removed" and "battery replaced," and to my surprise it retained the perpetual calendar information. You read this correctly, this was after multiple weeks without a battery. I wound up advancing the hour hand forward by about a month.
    Thanks for this! I may never have to learn how to reset the calendar
    TrawlingOne likes this.
    Grand Seiko SBGX115, Citizen Chronomaster CTQ57-0934, Seiko SARX055, Omega Seamaster Professional 300, Seiko Sumo, King Seiko 9923-8050 (1980), Casio Oceanus T-200SLE .... Guess I'm into Japanese Watches

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mine originally got shipped with the wrong month set, so believe me, you don't want to -- it's easy to do, but it takes an infuriatingly long time to iterate through all the date wheel positions.
    TrawlingOne and das997 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by das997 View Post
    I've read the Citizen A660 manual, but cannot determine whether you have to "reprogram" the perpetual calendar after a battery change. I would assume yes, but thought I'd ask the forum to see what happens after the battery is swapped out (you never know - it might retain the config)...
    Thanks Das for asking about this. If people don't inquire, then we can't build our collective knowledge.

Another little detail to float around the back of my mind regarding these brilliant quartz masterpieces...
    das997 likes this.
    "...facts, or what a man believes to be facts, are always delightful." - Mark Twain

So for you that own the same watch ... Have you put it on a different strap (ie: sailcloth, rubber, NATO)? 19mm lug widths are not all that common.....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So for you that own the same watch ... Have you put it on a different strap (ie: sailcloth, rubber, NATO)? 19mm lug widths are not all that common....
    Not that hard, either. My A060 is on a Nomos velour; they have 18, 19, 20, and 21 IIRC in most of their straps. Most strapmakers that cut on order, do cut TO order...length, width, taper, stitching of your choice. Straps forum is a good place to address the topic in greater depth.
    das997 and HorologicOptic like this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

So for you that own the same watch ... Have you put it on a different strap (ie: sailcloth, rubber, NATO)? 19mm lug widths are not all that common.....
    Yeah. I have so many 19 mm watches, and it's unfortunate. I've tried it on a black Barton canvas and also a white Barton Silicone Elite, mostly because they were the 19 mm bands that I found. The white/white colors match almost perfectly, but I felt it didn't project the image I wanted, and the black canvas works fine; but, you know, I'd recommend a color other than black, one that handles fading under rain better. I like the stock strap a lot, but I don't want to sweat in it.

The Duratect coating has held up great, which has made me extra paranoid about scraping the lugs, especially the corners of the lugs, while performing strap changes.
    Last edited by SamRHughes; January 10th, 2020 at 04:46. Reason: qualified perfectly as "almost" perfectly
    das997 likes this.

I've got a GS HAQ Diver on a sailcloth strap and I love it. Found that Watch Gecko sells a 19mm Sailcloth so I ordered it from the UK. I should have it in about 30 weeks

Last edited by ronalddheld; January 10th, 2020 at 11:55.

I've got a GS HAQ Dinner on a sailcloth strap and I love it. Found that Watch Gecko sells a 19mm Sailcloth so I ordered it from the UK. I should have it in about 30 weeks

Diver, not Dinner. Can't figure out how to open and edit on a phone...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information