Radio controlled analogue watch with bracelet, gold accents and no chrono. What would you recommend?
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Radio controlled analogue watch with bracelet, gold accents and no chrono. What would you recommend?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned

Radio controlled analogue watch with bracelet, gold accents and no chrono. What would you recommend?

Hi all,

I'm after the above and the best my ignorant self can find after 10 mins on google is this:

Name:  IMG_3066.JPG
Views: 139
Size:  88.9 KB

Please give me the benefit of your wisdom on other alternatives.

Banned

Re: Radio controlled analogue watch with bracelet, gold accents and no chrono. What would you recomm

Might have to edit the above; I've just discovered how accurate non-radio controlled quartz can actually be.....had no idea.

So I'm after:
    -analogue
    -high accuracy quartz
    -gold accents
    -bracelet
    -date window
    -second hand

Thanks guys

Re: Radio controlled analogue watch with bracelet, gold accents and no chrono. What would you recomm

Well ... the one you found is NOT a Radio Controlled watch - it uses GPS satellite signals to sync the time.

You will probably find more interest in your question from members of the Casio, Citizen and Seiko Brand Forums on this site.

HTH
    "So?"
    -Andrew Breitbart 1969-2012

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned

Thanks gaijin; I've since decided that the watch needn't be gps or radio since discovering the accuracy of some quartz.

Don't discount RC and GPS (or even connected watches) out of hand. They can offer a variety of advantages for the traveller and may cost less than a thermocompensated high accuracy watch.

As a committed HAQ collector I would be delighted to have you join our weird and wonderful club, but it would be remiss of me not to first ask : what do you expect of your watch? I mean, an RC watch is completely set-and-forget / grab-and-go (as long as you live with range of a transmitter). A HAQ may have great inherent accuracy but it will still need occasional interraction unless it comes with a perpetual calendar. And unless it has an independently adjustable hour hand, you will have to hack your HAQ twice a year for DST and more often if you travel.
    dicioccio and igna like this.
    Ask me about 4 MHz watches

Banned

Good question.

I come from the world of G-shocks where I've got used to the accuracy of Radio (not necessarily the auto setting). I also renovated a 1987 G-shock 5600c "square" and painstakingly adjusted the potentiometer until it was within 1 sec per month accuracy......I am now sort of obsessed with accuracy and take great satisfaction from it. https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/my-...0-4716085.html

I now want something a bit more elegant than a g-shock but retaining the accuracy (but not too bothered about auto adjustment).
    ronalddheld likes this.

Ok, I love your obsession with accuracy and the fact that you regulated the rate of your G-Shock. I would recommend either a Grand Seiko or perhaps a vintage Longines VHP (perpetual calendar version, of course). These simply because they have rate regulators that you can fiddle with if you aren't happy with the out-of-the-box performance.

Citizen make HAQs with the broadest feature set but they cannot be regulated by the user and my experience of sending them back to Japan for regulation has been less than pleasant. Similarly, HAQs employing ETA's latest breed of thermocompensated movement cannot be regulated by the user (and possibly not even by the brand). So with a lot of modern HAQs you either get lucky and you watch is comfortably within spec, or you put up with something that doesn't quite live up to the manufacturer's promise, or you venture down the path of servicing, returns and refunds.
    Miguel likes this.

Grand Seiko SBGV238
    +/-5 seconds per year (claimed factory spec). Rate adjustable via a trimmer screw (believed to be a digital implementation in increments of 8 SPY). 5-year battery. No perpetual calendar. No independently adjustable hour hand. Very high level of finishing for a watch at this price.
    Name:  The-second-commemorative-edition-with-a-18k-gold-bezel.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  49.8 KB

Longines VHP (perpetual calendar version)
    No longer produced. 10 seconds per year (claimed factory spec). Rate adjustable via digital + / - terminals (as with the Grand Seiko, this will require the removal of the case back but with the Longines it will also require the removal of the cell and, well, a bit of faffing around). 10-year battery. Perpetual calendar. Independently adjustable hour hand. A bit small by today's standards.
    Name:  321-20149465130_original.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  1.08 MB
    Last edited by Tom-HK; June 7th, 2018 at 21:40.
    Miguel likes this.

Banned

Brilliant advice and suggestions.

Think I'm leaning towards the GS.

HAQ and AW moderator

Let us know if you have more questions. The stickies may be of some use.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information