Resigning from this forum
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Resigning from this forum

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Resigning from this forum

In protect to censorship + repeated unjust decisions by moderator. Specifically, his decisions to ban interesting discussions instead of toxic forum members.
    no-time likes this.

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: Resigning from this forum

He is not banning discussions, just temporary closing that thread.

There are a vast array of opinions about what constitutes "censorship." Closing a topic/thread is often safer than banning an established user. After 27 years of Internet usage I've learned that you need to have a thick skin and keep your wits about you. Much like the real world. In short - don't let a single disagreer (or a few) stop you from enjoying your hobbies.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by skriefal View Post
    There are a vast array of opinions about what constitutes "censorship." Closing a topic/thread is often safer than banning an established user. After 27 years of Internet usage I've learned that you need to have a thick skin and keep your wits about you. Much like the real world. In short - don't let a single disagreer (or a few) stop you from enjoying your hobbies.
    agree on the thick skin comment, but if the established user repeatedly insults everyone else in the thread then it becomes a bit annoying. I'm against banning anyone specifically for a few insults, but warning someone who is obviously out of line seems appropriate as well.
    Last edited by dwalby; September 16th, 2019 at 06:39.
    gaijin and Ziptie like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasy View Post
    In protect to censorship + repeated unjust decisions by moderator. Specifically, his decisions to ban interesting discussions instead of toxic forum members.
    I get frustration and understand and respect protest as a vehicle for change. But, I tend to believe that the only way to influence things and bring about change is to work within the system. I guess I'm saying a boycott or protest isn't as rewarding as working with folks to see the changes through.
    dicioccio likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dwalby View Post
    agree on the thick skin comment, but if the established user repeatedly insults everyone else in the thread then it becomes a bit annoying. I'm against banning anyone specifically for a few insults, but warning someone who is obviously out of line seems appropriate as well.
    It is totally appropriate to tell people that their behavior isn't welcome or inline with community standards, and to remove them if they continue. We do this in public, people get kicked out of clubs or sports games for antisocial behavior. It's not censorship, it's preserving the quality of the experience for everyone else. We don't owe the jerks anything, especially in a public forum.
    no-time likes this.

Yep he is toxic.
    Last edited by murokello; September 23rd, 2019 at 07:08.

I hate forum suicide notes, they never end well.
    Pallas79 and simonp67 like this.
    Al

Current:
    Doxa 1200T Sharkhunter
    Longines Hydroconquest 41
    Squale 1521
    Smiths PRS-25 (40 mm)
    Accutron Silver Eagle Chrono
    Seiko 7n36

Quote Originally Posted by Chasy View Post
    Stick around and ignore the trouble makers ! Toxic ? Dunno, abrasive and incapable of interacting "normally" in a public forum, that's for sure ! Be happy you don't have to deal with him in real life
    koolpep likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    Stick around and ignore the trouble makers ! Toxic ? Dunno, abrasive and incapable of interacting "normally" in a public forum, that's for sure ! Be happy you don't have to deal with him in real life
    The members you'd rather avoid, can be added to your ignore list. Those messages are then filtered out.

Name:  ignore_list.png
Views: 173
Size:  20.5 KB
    gaijin and Eeeb like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information