Ronda Movt?

Thread: Ronda Movt?

Ronda Movt?

Hi all! What do you guys think of the Ronda quartz movts? I was considering buying a Bathys (www.bathyshawaii.com) watch with such a movt and I thought I would put it to the experts. Is this a high-end high-tech movt or just run of the mill?

Thanks for the input.

www.ronda-startech.com

Re: Ronda Movt?

I would consider this to be a good, middle of the road movement. With jewels and a reputable manufacturer, it is miles ahead of a cheap Chinese movement. It is not high end, though, as it is not thermocompensated, and hence is standard accuracy. No biggie on a practical level, as the typical 15 seconds per month suffices for almost all practical needs.

I'd say it's a good movement for the price of the watch. Many watches of this price point would have the dreaded chinese knockoff. Nice watch, too.

Thanks for the info Bruce. I am mostly a mechanical watch guy so I am clueless on quartz movts. I bought a watch in my earlier watch collecting days for $300+ and later opened the case to discover a 10 cent piece of junk movt - some name on it I had never heard of and looked very shoddy. I suppose you have to know what you are buying whether it is quartz or mechanical.

Bathys is a new manufacturer we have been chatting about over in the dive forum. Here is a pic from their site:

So I was wondering - who makes the best or most accurate quartz movts? Is there like a top five list you have?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    So I was wondering - who makes the best or most accurate quartz movts? Is there like a top five list you have?
    We had an article on the forum that dealt with that in disgusting depth until the dog ate the hard disk. O| Here's a link to a good list, though ...

http://bobthayerjr.com/wb5apd/quartz-accuracy.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lane
    So I was wondering - who makes the best or most accurate quartz movts?
    ETA, Citizen and Seiko make the best (most accurate) quartz movements.

Thanks for the info all.

If I want to learn more about quartz movements in general - what is a good source on the net?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Reding
    We had an article on the forum that dealt with that in disgusting depth until the dog ate the hard disk. O| Here's a link to a good list, though ...

http://bobthayerjr.com/wb5apd/quartz-accuracy.html
    I saved the posting about quartz accuracy, as it was one of the most useful things in this forum. Would you like me to repost it? I wasn't sure whether that would be appropriate.

Heck if I know what's appropriate - but I'd like to see it. Just post it as a new thread.

Quote Originally Posted by hedrick
    I saved the posting about quartz accuracy, as it was one of the most useful things in this forum. Would you like me to repost it? I wasn't sure whether that would be appropriate.
    That'd be great, hedrick! Thanks! I've been wanting to repost it with some minor clarifications, but frankly it will be a while before I get to those. If you could post it for now, and I will post the amended version as a sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Reding
    That'd be great, hedrick! Thanks! I've been wanting to repost it with some minor clarifications, but frankly it will be a while before I get to those. If you could post it for now, and I will post the amended version as a sticky.
    Done. I trust you can change the author from me to you.

FYI: I rescued it from the Google cache, and backtranslated HTML to stupid BBS codes.

Thread Information