A surprise email fron Citizen
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: A surprise email fron Citizen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A surprise email fron Citizen

Received an email from Citizen, nothing unusual about that, receive one about once a month. What was surprising was what is now being offered on the US site.

The Citizen with a blue dial and the A010 is being offered for the first time, as far as I know. It is also being offered at Black Friday pricing, which puts the price with discounts at about 2k. Not sure when the sale ends, but it might be Friday.

Perhaps more models that were previously available only from vendors in Japan will pop up on the site.

Re: A surprise email fron Citizen

Awesome! Do you have a link for where it can be purchased from the US website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobkg View Post
    Awesome! Do you have a link for where it can be purchased from the US website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just go to the site and search mens watches over 1K. I guess you need to use the "VIP" code they sent which is BLACKFRIDAY19 at checkout to get the additional 15% off. You will see the initial 20% discount when you click on the watch.
    umarrajs and tomchicago like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks like this is the one he's referring to:

https://www.citizenwatch.com/us/en/p...usive#start=10
    Daily: Omega Seamaster Professional Diver 300M Master Chronometer Black Dial on Bracelet
    Beater: Seiko Brightz SAGM001 titanium perpetual calendar with 8F32 high-frequency quartz movement
    Dress: Antique rolled-gold Waltham pocket watch with blued hands and acid-etched movement

I'm seeing the blue dial 4000...but that's the A060. 2300. Not seeing a blue dial A010.

Direct link would be handy, as the stupid site is HORRIFICALLY organized. The 2 A010s can be found by model number (AQ1 does it)...but aren't showing in a general > $1000 check, or in any of the special areas (luxury, limited edition/exclusive, etc.)

Ohhh...perhaps the issue is that...the details shown for the AQ4000-51L say the movement is the A010. IDIOTS at the US distributorship can't even get that right? IIRC, when the A060 was released, this was one of the initial trio...could be slightly wrong, and the black and white dials came first, with the blue a little later. They're also saying it's 40mm...citizen.jp says it's 38.5. (And A060.) Maybe they're including the crown, but that's foolish.

Last: found one store in Japan that offered shipping worldwide, that listed it. For WELL under 2K. This is an old model. citizen.jp lists it at 230,000 yen, so that'd be $2100. citizenwatch.usa is saying the MSRP is $2900.

So they're either lying or moronic.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Actually it is showing for $1972 free 2 day shipping on the US site. Click on the watch. I did a quick browse of Japan pricing I saw below 2k for used but well above 2k for new, not counting duties.

This model is current in Japan isn’t it.

Nope. It's a new watch. And, yeah, wbird, it's still showing in the catalog on citizen.jp, so it's still in production, I presume...but it also wouldn't surprise me that this is like the Seiko Grand Seiko double-branded that'd been still out there when they switched. There are Chronomaster-tagged blue dial A060's out there, and I believe most, if not all, recent A060's have the Chronomaster. The eagle badge hasn't always been included.

Not that I think there's any issue, even if it is discontinued. Long as the A060's are out there, it shouldn't much matter.

Yeah, they're showing the additional discount now, so it's a touch under 2k...and no worries about customs, no hassle with international shipping, no issues with international credit card charges. So, certainly much less hassle.

Heck with it. OK. PP Credit doesn't have anything on it.

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    Nope. It's a new watch. And, yeah, wbird, it's still showing in the catalog on citizen.jp, so it's still in production, I presume...but it also wouldn't surprise me that this is like the Seiko Grand Seiko double-branded that'd been still out there when they switched. There are Chronomaster-tagged blue dial A060's out there, and I believe most, if not all, recent A060's have the Chronomaster. The eagle badge hasn't always been included.

Not that I think there's any issue, even if it is discontinued. Long as the A060's are out there, it shouldn't much matter.

Yeah, they're showing the additional discount now, so it's a touch under 2k...and no worries about customs, no hassle with international shipping, no issues with international credit card charges. So, certainly much less hassle.

Heck with it. OK. PP Credit doesn't have anything on it.
    All good, the thing is I wasn't that interested in the model or movement as much as a Chronomaster or "The Citizen" or whatever they call it is on the US website. If they follow their typical discount pricing practices this will bring all those Japanese companies that have been catering to international for JDM product some serious competition. Gotta be good for the consumer in the US.

Considering the asking price for this model on ebay the Citizen price is not a bad deal. Granted there might be a better deal if you hunt for it.

Perhaps this is the first step before we actually start seeing them in some retail stores. Wouldn't be much of a stretch at that pricing to place them in Macy's next to the Sat-Wave.

Oh, for sure, this one's not as interesting as the washi dials, and the Chronomaster is cool.

I don't see them moving quickly to expanding their footprint into a Macy's or similar, not with these. I got my ED One from a dealer who ordered it; I think that, and the Citizen boutique in NYC, are still gonna be the limit for some time. All 3 of these are old models; the AQ4000's been superceded with both the 4030 (paper dials in the same 3 colors) and 4040-54's (blue and off-white). And all the 40xy's other than the straight 4000's...are Chronomaster labeled, so quite honestly? It sounds like they're using the US distributor to offload them.
    tomchicago likes this.

Is Citizen clearing inventory for regular production 0100's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information