What is most affordable HAQ watch out there?
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: What is most affordable HAQ watch out there?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is most affordable HAQ watch out there?

del
    Last edited by wrest; October 18th, 2019 at 16:02. Reason: Moderator says go searching first

HAQ and AW moderator

Re: What is most affordable HAQ watch out there?

Quote Originally Posted by wrest View Post
    There's quite cheap Technochas digital watches that have digital rate correction feature, configured by a user. That corrects daily rate down to 0.1 to 0.05 seconds a day (37 to 18 seconds a year), but those whatches don't have any thermocompensation. So that watch will keep good time if constantly worn (thus kept at stable temp provided by the highly thermal stable human body). Price is about $40.

What's the start price for new thermocompensated watch, what about day-date?
    Is there any watch (except those soviet-era Technochas) where user can input rate correction?
    It there any on aliexpress?
    Some of your answers can be found by searching in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ronalddheld View Post
    Some of your answers can be found by searching in this forum.
    Ron I know it's kind of your go to line, some variation of use the search function. Please stop doing it. The search function is not the answer to most any question. It's not appropriate in normal interactions with anybody in person or on a forum. If you don't think so give that response to your girlfriend, wife, kid, or coworker next time they ask you a question. It's insulting.

Worse yet the search function in this and most cases is about as useful as hands on a t-rex. A search of Technochros yields 5 old results and none of them answer OP's question. A search for "affordable haq" yields 1 result with two year old info. A lot of models no longer exist, and considering your sticky on what is HAQ I'm not sure what qualifies now. But you can clarify this as I reply to OP.

OP, watches like the Technochros tend to be problematic in trying to achieve high accuracy. Typically you will need to have some pretty accurate means to measure your changes, if you don't the changes you measure are so small, the error in measurement means you will spend a lot of time chasing accuracy. You can minimize this by waiting longer between measurements, but that means it will take a while to dial it in. Than once you achieve it not sure if the watch will maintain it.

Now my go to recomendation would be a Bulova, most of them perform at under 20spy and well within COSC, but pricing in different markets means they may be more expensive in your region. Not sure if they are a bargain in eastern Europe, and not sure if they qualify here anymore.

Next would be a Certina, but again not sure about pricing around you and they now are "only" COSC, again not sure if they qualify here. The entire Precidrive line stands by 8 to 10 times better than a standard quartz watch, and Breitling also stands by 10 times better, so again neither brand is a 10spy watch.

That leaves you with the Longines VHP, as the cheapest option, at around 1000 euro's pretty much everywhere, but the US where they are cheaper. After that you have Citizen and Seiko which are at least twice as expensive.

Hope this helps you out OP.
    no-time, Pallas79, Elmero and 10 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The various color versions of these excellent HAQ can be found New severely discounted for thorough shoppers

wrest, ewewew and jkpa like this.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account, Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

10 reasons to dump facebook:

https://www.komando.com/tips/527072/...cebook-in-2019

Quote Originally Posted by wbird View Post
    Ron I know it's kind of your go to line, some variation of use the search function. Please stop doing it. The search function is not the answer to most any question. It's not appropriate in normal interactions with anybody in person or on a forum. If you don't think so give that response to your girlfriend, wife, kid, or coworker next time they ask you a question. It's insulting...
    Advising of the usage of the search function of HAQ is the best advise any new visitor of the HAQ forum should receive!
    Searching in the database of the HAQ forum is educating and fun at the same time and certainly the best way to avoid any unnecessary question/inquiry.
    ronalddheld likes this.

Often when I search on this forum I will get a zero info. notice.
    Many times if I go right back and use the very same words I will then get multiple links.

I use a Mac. This happens regardless of if I have cleared my computer of all stored info or not.
    I can reset everything and it makes no difference. Early on I asked several already answered questions because I found zero information.
    Now, I do a search at least twice in a row and most times get at least some hits.

I do not know if it is this website or my computer that causes this. To help the OP, Joma has Bulova Lunar Pilot for $299.
    no-time and ewewew like this.

Quote Originally Posted by farmerboy View Post
    Often when I search on this forum I will get a zero info. notice.
    Many times if I go right back and use the very same words I will then get multiple links.

I use a Mac. This happens regardless of if I have cleared my computer of all stored info or not.
    I can reset everything and it makes no difference. Early on I asked several already answered questions because I found zero information.
    Now, I do a search at least twice in a row and most times get at least some hits.

I do not know if it is this website or my computer that causes this. To help the OP, Joma has Bulova Lunar Pilot for $299.
    Same thing for me with a PC. Type in a word and search and get nothing. Type in the same exact word again then I get hits. Been like this as long as I can remember.
    fish70, Screwtape, no-time and 1 others like this.

Yup, the search function is basically useless.

To answer your question, you can't go wrong with a Bulova. The 262Hz movements are great. I've owned three of them, still have two. They are never off much at all when it comes time to switch from MST to MDT and back (which I wish would end, just stay on standard time for crying out loud!). And you can pick up a very handsome model for around $200, some times less.

Seiko SACM171 uses an 8j41 movement rated for 10 seconds per year.
    ewewew and wrest like this.

I tend to use Google site search. As the question concerns price I limited it to the last 6 months, https://www.google.com/search?q=chea...20%2F2019&tbm=

More results using affordable instead of cheap, https://www.google.com/search?lr=&hl...4dUDCAs&uact=5

I guess we don't like to think of ourselves as cheap.

EDIT. There's a Certina DS-2 Precidrive on F29.
    Last edited by woodville63; October 20th, 2019 at 04:34.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information