*STOLEN* AP Barrichello 2 titanium #942

Thread: *STOLEN* AP Barrichello 2 titanium #942

*STOLEN* AP Barrichello 2 titanium #942

so the thief contacted me on chrono twenty four, he was local in Los Angeles and wanted to meet at a jewelry store in Manhattan Beach to verify the authenticity and then pay me at a bank on the same block.

After I met him at the jewelry store, we walked inside and I opened the box to show him and the jewelry store employee. The employee looked at watch briefly to inspect it, and the thief said "Let me take a look" He handed it to him and the thief turned around and bolted out through the open door like Usain Bolt, down a small street to a running car ( a black camaro ) that was waiting for him a few blocks away, and they sped off. I tried to run after him but he was probably twice as fast as I was.

The police came really quickly and took fingerprints as he touched the glass display case and the papers, and he was recorded on surveillance video. They searched for the car for awhile to no avail.

Most likely the watch has already been sold to a pawn shop, and I reported the theft to AP.

In retrospect, I had my doubts about the guy while talking to him on the phone. But I figured since he wanted to meet a place with cameras, it was legit. On the way there, I passed by a police car that was parked a block away from the store and my mind just wasn't in the right place. I thought if he was going to try anything, it would be when we were outside the store while walking to the bank. It was during broad daylight and there were many witnesses. It happened so quickly.

I'm posting this in case anyone comes across this watch and I hope this story will prevent something like this from this happening to them. I feel pretty foolish for not being more careful.

That is totally bonkers! I can't believe he could run so fast with those huge ballz!
    Tick-tock in RoK GMT+9, no DST
    --
    Modern: Zenith El Primero Chronomaster, Piaget Upstream, Muhle Glashutte Seebataillon GMT, Eterna Madison Spherodrive, Vulcain Cricket 1951 Classic, Ralf Tech WRV 1977, Bulova Accutron Astronaut (c. 1966), Omega Speedmaster triple date, Sinn 556 Anniversary LE, Glycine Airman SST-12, Pulsar Date II (c. 1971), G-Shock Rangeman 9400, Vostok Classica
    Seiko: Grand Seiko SBGT035, Credor Node GCAT996, "Blumo" SBDC003, Grand Seiko 5641-7000 (1972), "Ashtray Tuna" 7C46-6009 (1987), 6139-7068 "Blue Eye" chrono (1974), Bell-Matic 4006-7012 (1971), King Quartz 9223-5000 (1981), Seikomatic J13044 (1963), Seikomatic-P 5106-7020 (1968), 6119-6400 UFO (1974), 6309-7290 (1987), Silverwave 8221-5020 (1980), Majesta 9063-5020 (1984).

Re: *STOLEN* AP Barrichello 2 titanium #942

Sorry to hear about this. You should have the police reach out to Chrono 24 (if they haven't on their own already) - a thief with that much stupidity probably didn't hide his IP which might be traceable to his place of residence. Then I'm sure you could easily identify him. Or just find that black Camaro there.

Via some IT pro: "Most forum software tracks every IP address ever used by the user. Even if the software doesn't, the webserver logs do and any halfway decent administrator can correlate the webserver logs with the forum logs. You should assume that your entire visit history, including all IP addresses used, is known, or at least knowable, to the administrators of any site you visit."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: *STOLEN* AP Barrichello 2 titanium #942

Wow, what a crazy story. In a jewelry store too! I hope you are able to locate the watch. It is LA - he may try pawning it off.

Thread Information