Rolex stolen by airport security at JFK - Page 4
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rolex stolen by airport security at JFK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Re: Rolex stolen by airport security at JFK

watchintime i looked into this a good bit before travelling to Norway with stops to & from at Dulles and Brussels. What I went with was 2 watches on straps, put in a watch roll in my carry-on. Since i *really* like to know the time at a glance I also wore a plastic Garmin GPS watch through security. Once on the other side (total of 3 times) we stopped at an empty gate & swapped out for the Omega or Breitling to wear the rest of the way.

If you're bringing a Rolex on a bracelet (that will be me next trip) you can bring a watch box in your carry-on & still swap out on the way to the gate.

Main thing is to keep peoples eyes off your expensive watch *at* the TSA line; if you're extra cautious then don't be messing with the watch at your departure gate or on the plane either.

Read *many* mixed reports about whether TSA or EU security will let you continue to wear a mens steel watch through the scanners. They did let me wife wear her DateJust, never heard a single peep about any woman's watch or jewelry from security.

My last choice - by far - was gamble whether TSA wanted me to put my Globemaster in plastic dog-food bowl.
    watchintime likes this.
    pilot.watch.doctor on IG
    Omega Constellation Globemaster
    Breitling Avenger II GMT
    Breitling Aerospace
    Monta Oceanking Gen 1

I absolutely believe this and filing a police report is probably the right step, but unfortunately is unlikely to yield you any satisfying results.

JFK ranks second for TSA thievery: https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/top-2...ry?id=17537887

Quote Originally Posted by Kandiru View Post
    With the recession around the corner one has to wonder what these people will be capable of doing should there be a repeat of 10/24/1929:(
    Wait, what are you talking about?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have never taken my watch off at TSA security. I have never been asked by TSA to take my watch off, and no TSA ever had an issue of me wearing a watch through screening.

Why anyone feels the need to take their watch off I dont understand. Just leave your watches on WUS.

This...same here, I never remove my watch when going through security and have never been asked to...

Quote Originally Posted by dron_jones View Post
    I never remove my watches when going through security and never have an issue being asked to remove them. I go through the 360 scanner where you put your arms in the air and also the walk through scanner and both times no issues. In fact one time I took off my wedding ring (which is just a cheap titanium ring) and the guy told me not to take it off or my watch and I should always keep it on.

Quote Originally Posted by FishTime View Post
    This...same here, I never remove my watch when going through security and have never been asked to...
    I know someone who went thought departures at Sydney airport, took his Rolex off and put it in the big plastic x ray tray. He had to go though the new scanning machine, and came out in time to see someone clipping his Rolex onto their wrist.

The person in question said he had admired it and “was just seeing what it looked like on his wrist”. Obviously rubbish, and the thief was seconds away from walking away with a nice watch.

I usually put my expensive watch in my carry-on and wear an inexpensive watch through security and never have to take it off. I usually have more watches in my carry-on and had my bag searched in Amsterdam when I had 4 watches in it and it was flagged by security. Never happened at US airports.

I agree with the others that story about the stolen Rolex by TSA seems a bit far fetched.

I usually put my expensive watch in my carry-on and wear an inexpensive watch through security and never have to take it off. I usually have more watches in my carry-on and had my bag searched in Amsterdam when I had 4 watches in it and it was flagged by security. Never happened at US airports.

I agree with the others that story about the stolen Rolex by TSA seems a bit far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by bjjkk View Post
    Wait, what are you talking about?
    the weeklong market crash in 1929 - he's implying that a similar crash may be imminent, and if there were such a crash, theft will increase considering there's already theft in these good economic times.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread Information