STOLEN WATCH !
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By tsuarez_1999
  • 1 Post By qa_ii

Thread: STOLEN WATCH !

Exclamation STOLEN WATCH !

Unfortunately I thought I'd never have to create a thread on this specific subsection but here I am.

My wife and I were traveling from our cruise vacation so we took a flight from Puerto Rico to NYC when the unthinkable happened. While at the airport we checked our bags but I totally forgot that one of the bags had my watch in it. I'd only remembered after already being the flight so upon arrival at JFK in NYC and getting our luggage, the watch was gone along with a pair of Bose headphones.

I was beyond upset because I never ever leave any valuables in checked luggage. I usually take them in my carry-on bags. I filed a Police report with the PAPD, with the TSA and luckily I had insurance on the watch so was able to file a claim as well.

The truly sad part about this is that my wife purchased the watch for my birthday 4 years ago so it meant a lot to us.

The watch was a Breitling Avenger GMT - Serial # 2869151

I don't think I'll ever get it back but thought to put this message out there. There's an ongoing investigation so we'll see where this goes.
    Last edited by Will3020; January 16th, 2020 at 00:29.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

Re: STOLEN WATCH !

so sorry to hear that. thank god it was insured.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/top-2...ry?id=17537887

Thanks, yes I'm glad it was insured. Interesting article; I remember seeing that TSA worker being arrested for stealing an iPad.
    "Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending".

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

be careful with your carry on as well. some guy already posted here that he had a watch stolen from the overhead as well. Just wear the watch, go thru screening with it on, you shouldn't have a problem getting thru with it on.
    Steve0 and Homepukes like this.

When you travel take only one watch and wear it at all times. If you go through TSA screening take off your watch and stick it in your shoe and push it to the tip of the shoe. People get discombobulated when going through security and thieves know that and it's easy to lose valuable items.

Be sure to report the theft to Breitling USA. It may take years, but sometimes stolen watches are recovered when sent in for service.
    Grimlock_1 likes this.
    Current Lineup: TBD
    Rolex Submariner 116613LN Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Omega Speedmaster '57 Omega Seamaster 300M 44MM GMT Chronograph
    Breitling Galactic Unitime Sleek T World Timer Breitling Avenger II Chronograph
    Marathon US Government GSAR Tissot T-Touch Expert, All Titanium
    Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual AT CB0000-57E TBD

From my last few flights, they never asked me to take the watch off. Sometimes the detector sounds off, they just wand me off and off I go.

And I just travel with 1 watch. And if by some unforeseen luck that I buy a watch while travelling, I just wear both through security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by qa_ii View Post
    Be sure to report the theft to Breitling USA. It may take years, but sometimes stolen watches are recovered when sent in for service.
    Yes absolutely this!

Thread Information