BaselWorld 2018 Carl F. Butcherer Press Release: Manero Tourbillon Double Peripheral

Thread: BaselWorld 2018 Carl F. Butcherer Press Release: Manero Tourbillon Double Peripheral

BaselWorld 2018 Carl F. Butcherer Press Release: Manero Tourbillon Double Peripheral

Carl F. Bucherer
    Manero Tourbillon
    Double Peripheral

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 12.03.47 AM.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  46.1 KB

The tourbillon calibre CFB T3000 is a world premiere, and represents a continuation of Carl F. Bucherer’s pioneering role in the development of peripheral technology. The new movement, created entirely in-house, with a patent for the peripheral winding mechanism and a pending patent for the tourbillon, combines a peripheral rotor with a peripherally mounted tourbillon mechanism that seems to float freely. The carriage, rather than rotating on a centre ruby bearing, is supported peripherally by three ceramic ball bearings, allowing the tourbillon to be admired without obstruction from both front and back. Carl F. Bucherer’s patented peripheral unidirectional rotor allows for a completely open view of the movement through the sapphire caseback. Calibre T3000, with silicon components and a stop-seconds function, is one of the few tourbillon movements on the market to be officially COSC chronometer-rated.

Movement

Mechanical automatic CFB T3000, COSC-certified chronometer, 32 jewels, 65-hour power reserve. Patented winding system with peripherally suspended rotor mounted with three ceramic ball bearings, mounted on shock absorbing springs. One-minute tourbillon with peripherally mounted rotating carriage mounted on three ceramic ball bearings

Functions

Hours, minutes, small seconds, tourbillon, stop-seconds function

Case

18k rose gold, 43.1 mm diameter, thickness 11.57 mm, convex sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides, sapphire crystal caseback. Water-resistant to 30 metres (3 bar/100 ft)

Dial

Silver-coloured with applied rose gold plated indexes

Bracelet/strap

Dark brown hand-stitched Louisiana alligator leather with 18k rose gold folding pin buckle

Bucherer AG
    Langensandstrasse 27
    CH - 6002 Luzern
    Last edited by CMSgt Bo; March 26th, 2018 at 08:17.

Re: BaselWorld 2018 Press Release: Carl F. Bucherer Manero Tourbillon Double Peripheral

That is really some watch; thank you for posting. Baselworld threads continue to delight!

Re: BaselWorld 2018 Press Release: Carl F. Bucherer Manero Tourbillon Double Peripheral

WOW! Out of my league at ($72,300 USD as specified on the CFB site) and beyond beautiful, but WOW! I saw a 36.5mm model previously shown, but would never wear something that small. This, however, I would definitely put on my wrist.
    Current Lineup: TBD
    Rolex Submariner 116613LN Rolex GMT Master II 116710LN
    Omega Speedmaster '57 Omega Seamaster 300M 44MM GMT Chronograph
    Breitling Galactic Unitime Sleek T World Timer Breitling Avenger II Chronograph
    Marathon US Government GSAR Tissot T-Touch Expert, All Titanium
    Citizen Eco-Drive World Perpetual AT CB0000-57E TBD

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks nice - can someone explain to me how this peripherally mounted carriage is different from a regular tourbillon cage?

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

The carriage, rather than rotating on a centre ruby bearing (regular), is supported peripherally by three ceramic ball bearings (Manero). Your question makes me think you don’t read what you are posting and you need 100 posts to sell something on WUS ? Hope I am not right.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    The carriage, rather than rotating on a centre ruby bearing (regular), is supported peripherally by three ceramic ball bearings (Manero). Your question makes me think you don’t read what you are posting and you need 100 posts to sell something on WUS ? Hope I am not right.
    Yes I read the words, and yes, your explanation, is mostly a tautology, and unhelpful. The photo seems to still show a regular center ruby bearing, and outwardly does not look all that different from a regular carriage. So yes, still don't get it. Does it mean there's some sort of railroad track supporting said three bearings that allow the carriage to turn? Is this an improvement over the regular way of doing things or just another way of making this particular movement special? Or maybe I shouldn't be allowed to ask these questions just because I have a low post count?

You must deal with a lot of crap as a mod but don't automatically assume the worst of people.

Thread Information