Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 8.26.00 AM.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  33.1 KB

KARL-FRIEDRICH SCHEUFELE, CO-PRESIDENT OF CHOPARD, TALKS ABOUT THE EVOLUTION OF THE WORLD-RENOWNED WATCH AND JEWELLERY HOUSE AND OF BASELWORLD.

Baselworld: Chopard numbers among the companies that have participated in Baselworld for many years and that already exhibited in the old days of the “Mustermesse Basel”. What does this long-term relationship mean for you?

Karl-Friedrich Scheufele: As a family business, our presence at the show and our personal encounters with customers, partners and journalists have always been very important to us. I believe that this personal aspect becomes even more significant in our era of increasingly digitized communication. We especially welcomed the renovation of the fair and the subsequent efforts which all brands invested in their stands: this resulted in extraordinarily enhanced quality.

For me personally, Baselworld has been part of my annual rhythm for many decades. Along with the evolution of the fair, our house too has undergone changes. Nowadays we unite all crafts of the jewellery and watch industry under one roof. Chopard is not only an integrated watch manufacture, we have also mastered the complete process of jewellery manufacturing – from smelting the gold alloys, through the goldsmith’s work, to the gemstone setting. This versatility results from our constant striving toward greater vertical integration, independence and in-house expertise. This is our philosophy, with which we feel very well represented as a family business at Baselworld.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 3.37.13 PM.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  98.3 KB