Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Psicodom
  • 2 Post By utzelu

Thread: BaselWorld 2018 Press Release: A Record Number of Appointments

BaselWorld 2018 Press Release: A Record Number of Appointments

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 12.31.24 AM.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  65.3 KB

The upbeat mood that prevails in the watch halls continues in the jewellery halls. After three days of Baselworld, the leading brands in the jewellery industry draw up a positive interim balance:

„Baselworld very important for us”
    Caroline Scheufele, Co-President and Artistic Director of Chopard
    says: „We had eagerly been looking forward to Baselworld because we celebrate the Happy Sport’s 25th anniversary by introducing models here, which – for the first time – contain our own in-house movement. Other important items are the Ice Cube and Happy Hearts lines of jewellery, which have a fresh, graceful charm. We are extremely pleased that all of these, and our wonderful haute joaillerie jewellery, are so warmly welcomed by our customers and the media. The most important representatives of both groups are onsite here. Their presence makes Baselworld very important for us.”

„The most important trade show”

„Messika has been present at Baselworld for ten years”, said Valerie Messika, CEO and Creative Director of Messika. “Since last year, we have invested in a prestigious stand with 900 square metres of floor space where we present our fine jewellery and jewellery collections. This is our most important trade show because we are present in 60 countries and 400 points of sale. Baselworld gives us opportunities to see our customers and agents from around the world. For communication, we receive approximately 400 international journalists during the show. So Baselworld is essential for our image and our international development.”

„Sharply focussed at Baselworld”
    „I’d expected things to be sharply focussed at this year’s Baselworld and that’s exactly what I’ve experienced”, states Tamara Comolli, the owner of Tamara Comolli Fine Jewelry. “Buyers come to us with clear intentions. They’re eager to collaborate and they tend to make their decisions immediately. I find this very pleasant because I can make more efficient use of the fair’s shorter duration. Each visitor at my stand had concrete intentions. We’ve held very promising discussions with buyers from the Middle East, China, Russia, Scandinavia and Chile. It’s fantastic to see how international the audience at our stand has been during these first three days.”

„A record number of appointments”

Extremely pleased with the first days at Baselworld is Diego Nardin, CEO of Fope. „We are having many visitors and a record number of appointments with the best jewellers from all around the world. The response to our new jewellery collections has been amazing and we look forward to seeing the Fope newness in the store windows.”

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 3.37.13 PM.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  98.3 KB

Re: BaselWorld 2018 Press Release: A Record Number of Appointments

Still, for me it felt like on of the most disappointing editions over the last 5 years - of course I’m judging this purely on number of watch releases that I found interesting. Maybe it’s cause I don’t care so much about Pepsi bezels... can’t really name one watch that truly caught my eye...

anyone else with the same feeling?
    Last edited by Psicodom; March 27th, 2018 at 03:10. Reason: Edited to fix typos
    anarasanen likes this.

Yes, I feel the same. Nothing really inspired me and I was actually disappointed that the Pepsi bezels (both Rolex and Tudor) were the most acclaimed releases.
    Psicodom and surfuz like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I was there for a few hours on Monday. The buzz is gone, there was no excitment. Really colours on a bezel???? at this point I don't know whether to lament the watch industry or the consumer.

XL vintage = boring. but hey maybe thats what sells the best to boring consumers.
    Alpina, Ambassadeurs, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

Quote Originally Posted by Barge View Post
    I was there for a few hours on Monday. The buzz is gone, there was no excitment. Really colours on a bezel???? at this point I don't know whether to lament the watch industry or the consumer.

XL vintage = boring. but hey maybe thats what sells the best to boring consumers.
    Everyone will be releasing colored bezels now. Just you watch.

Thread Information