Name:  Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 4.57.06 AM.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  30.5 KB

SASCHA MOERI TALKS ABOUT 130 YEARS OF CARL F. BUCHERER, AN INNOVATIVE TOURBILLON AND THE YEARNING FOR ENDURING VALUES.

Baselworld: Which premieres from the house of Carl F. Bucherer can one experience at Baselworld 2018?

Sascha Moeri:
We are unveiling a world innovation: the Manero Tourbillon DoublePeripheral, which reconfirms our innovative strength. In the context of celebrating our 130th year, which we begin at Baselworld, we are also showing choice vintage watches from the Carl F. Bucherer Museum. These timepieces lead their viewers through 130 exciting years of watchmaking history.

Basel world: How are you preparing for Baselworld 2018?

Sascha Moeri: I like to compare Baselworld with the Olympic Games or a World Championship, in which we compete as a unified team. I see myself in the role of the trainer, where all the various aspects come together and who appropriately prepares himself and his team for the show.

Basel world: What does quality mean for you personally?

Sascha Moeri:
For me personally, quality is a concept that conjoins a number of different values. Sustainability, authenticity, history and stability all contribute toward creating a perception of quality. In a fast-paced era like ours, I believe that the yearning for enduring values is greater than ever.

Basel world: Is there someone you would like to meet, either in your life or at Baselworld? What question would you ask this person?

Sascha Moeri:
Especially on the occasion of our 130th anniversary, I would be particularly honoured to meet our founding father Carl Friedrich Bucherer. The first questions I would ask him: “Which place in Lucerne means the most to you? And what is the personal history of your favourite watch?” I would proudly show him how the store that he established in 1888 has grown into an internationally successful watch brand with presences in more than 25 countries and over 350 points of sale.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 3.37.13 PM.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  98.3 KB

Established in 1888, Carl F. Bucherer is an international Swiss watch manufactory with its headquarters in Lucerne. The brand is a member of the Bucherer Group, over which Jörg G. Bucherer presides in the third generation. Sascha Moeri has directed the business as its Managing Director since 2010.