Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

BaselWorld 2018 Preview: Tissot Heritage 2018

Tissot Heritage 2018
    The panache of the past

Name:  30B1A534-06A1-495F-9305-C80CD38D5154.jpeg
Views: 1452
Size:  806.9 KB

Homage to heritage

Tissot is inspired by its great history with the elegant Tissot Heritage 2018, which looks back to a wristwatch that was part of the Tissot collection in 1943. Originally a men’s watch for the city, it was a dapper and resilient choice thanks to its case made from nickel-chromium alloy with a small second, and 27 mm calibre, a Tissot exclusivity.
    Furthermore, this watch was part of the iconic Tissot Antimagnétique collection, launched in the 1930s and comprising the first non-magnetic wristwatches in the world.

A modern update

Today’s contemporary models pay tribute to the past with its design. The new Tissot Heritage 2018 adheres to the same principles as the original models but uses today’s new production technologies, for the highest possible quality. A domed dial, silver and vertically brushed with the Tissot logo of that time, reflects the past, demonstrating that attention has been paid to every single detail.
    The ‘box’ type antireflective sapphire glass is more commonly seen on high-end watches, while leaf-shaped hands and a black vegetable leather strap with folding clasp and a Heritage logo will make a stylish statement. A mechanical movement with manual winding, and luxurious finishes such as the blue screws and Côtes de Genève and Heritage logo, all ensure smooth running and give a beautifully luxurious touch.

Features

 Swiss Made
     Hand-wound mechanical movement
     Domed scratch-resistant sapphire crystal with antireflective coating
     Water-resistance up to a pressure of 5 bar (50m/165 ft)
     316L stainless steel case with see-through caseback
     Leather strap with butterfly clasp and push-buttons
     Diameter: 42mm
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Re: BaselWorld 2018 Preview: Tissot Heritage 2018

That's a beautiful looking watch, but I wish it was 38mm (or even a bit smaller), instead of 42mm.
    mase44, Overwound, mpalmer and 2 others like this.

Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J; Vacheron Constantin Overseas; Jaeger-LeCoultre Grande Reverso Duo; Rolex Submariner 114060; Omega Seamaster 300; Montblanc Heritage Dual Time; Tudor Black Bay, Black Bay GMT.

Armida A12; Borealis Estoril; Bulova Accutron II Alpha, Moonwatch; Casio GMW-B5000D, GW-5000, GST-W310; Coach Fulton; Hamilton Khaki Field; Helson Skindiver; Orient 60th Anniversary; Seagull Tourbillon, 1963 Air Force; Seiko SNA089P, SUN025P1; Steinhart OVM; Swatch Body and Soul, Heracles, Sistem51, Uncle Charly; Victorinox Alliance, Infantry Vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    That's a beautiful looking watch, but I wish it was 38mm (or even a bit smaller), instead of 42mm.
    Judging from the small second position, it probably has the Unitas movement -> wish cannot be granted.

Edit: I take it back - this is a new movement. 27mm only. Similar to a 2824!! Wonder how they managed to put the 2nd hand position so far away...

Edit++: 27mm was indeed in the original. This one screams Unitas. VERY cool.
    Last edited by harryst; March 22nd, 2018 at 03:31.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

yeah, 39 would have been good...that's all dial and so is going to look big!

Omega "Skyfall" Aqua Terra 8500

As I parse the whole release, nothing in there denies it being a Unitas.

it was a dapper and resilient choice thanks to its case made from nickel-chromium alloy with a small second, and 27 mm calibre, a Tissot exclusivity.
    All past tense. All talking about the watch that is the inspiration for this one.

We'll have to see, but I think this is a 649x.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Quote Originally Posted by mleok View Post
    I 100% agree! This is a great looking watch and I want to love it, but I can't at that size.

(I am sure there will be lots of people thrilled with the size, but I am not one of those people)

Thats a Stunner, just when I was browsing through Tissot's website for a small seconds watch then this. Perfect !
    CM HUNTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mase44 View Post
    I 100% agree! This is a great looking watch and I want to love it, but I can't at that size.

(I am sure there will be lots of people thrilled with the size, but I am not one of those people)
    I wholeheartedly agree. Too bad. All that said, I have hopes for with what Tissot is doing with the vintage inspired line.
    mase44 likes this.

Obviously different price points altogether, but the styling reminds me a little bit of a Hentschel...
    CM HUNTER likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

Quote Originally Posted by mpalmer View Post
    Obviously different price points altogether, but the styling reminds me a little bit of a Hentschel...
    Hentschel Sport...a little, but not that much. Closer to me is the Nomos At Work silvercut.

Here's the H2 Sport:

The Tissot strikes me as more industrial-factory; the Hentschel is sport-dress. Definitely not formal dress. Great watch for a scotch or bourbon and cigars night. NOT saying this because of the price points...just from the look. The Tissot...factory shift supervisor. The Hentschel...project line engineering lead. If the goal is an upscale look, which I don't believe to be the case, the big 'flaw' on the TIssot is the logo; the number font would be 2nd.
    mpalmer likes this.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread Information